Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
str8 stoopid
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently, I'm the garage sale tool king...or king tool, who knows. Anyway, I found this box at estate/garage sale around the corner from the house on my way home from work. So I stopped and snagged her up for 50 bones. The drawers all worked, the steel was all good with only surface rust and the lady was liquidating all her mothers possessions to pay for the funeral so I was cool with the price.

There is no date stamp. Dates weren't stamped until the late 50's to Early 60's, so this box was made between 48-58. The drawers are a little rough, and since it was in production from 48-90, it's not SUPER collectible, so I won't be completely restoring to factory condition, so no Kenosha red. I'm thinking either House of Kolor Pagan Gold Urethane Kandy, Restoration Shop LeMan's Blue Metallic (both would get some pin striping, because why not...) Or, Snap On Extreme Green to match my 6-drawer Open top Standup box. I do want to build a small cart for this to push it around the shop though. This project is gonna be a little slower.

I love the art deco handle. It should polish up nicely. So will that brass lock body. I've already got lock internals ordered.

·
str8 stoopid
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I considered restoring it and flipping it for about 300 (not an over the top price, but I like the size and Snap-On has been part of my family for 60 years, so I decided to keep it. Besides, getting it cleaned up and painted could turn some heads for paint jobs and aluminum polishing. Thanks for the props guys. I dig old tools in general. After I finish this I've got an old bench vice my grandpa has had for at least 50 years to clean up and an old drill that's been around since the 70's to do the same with.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
My gfs Dad has a shop full of old tools. Most everything is leather belt driven. He's got a hydraulic vice that he hates, but I'd love to get my hands on it. Foot pedal operated and strong enough to press bearings. I did some u-joints with it once and fell in love with it. I've had a soft spot for old tools ever since. He'd give me that vice if I just asked for it, but that's not my style.

Anyway, subbed to the build. Your grinder turned out real nice, btw. ( I'm to lazy to find the grinder thread, so there..)

·
str8 stoopid
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This one will be slower. Partially because I need to build a cart for it and that requires some planning and material. Thank's for the props man. I like making my surroundings and equipment Nice and neat and make it exude an air of kustom kulture. It puts me in the creative mood. Old tools and equipment are the best for it too, nothing like repurposing a piece of equipment that was created when our dad's were kids and our grandpas were our age now. That press sounds badass bro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts