Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
V four honda whore
12,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, few months back at local FB group my friend pointed me towards advert about bike on sale, IIRC it was CBR600 or CBR1000F anyway, guy had several bikes and he wrote that he has 1984 VF1000F with some kind of defect. Out of curiosity i wrote him a PM and asked what's the deal with the bike. He replied that it has spun a bearing and bike hasnt been ridden in a while, asking prive was 700eur. out ot politness i asked for pics(knowing that his price is astronomical) that was the end of our conversation

So a month later he replied me with pictures and told, that he have been overestimated the state of bike and offered me a price of 100eur. i gave it a bit of thinking and decided i need it.

so here is the bike on day i picked it up with my dad, and this bike will be given to use for him, with ocassional usage from me. on the day of picking up, we spoke for a while, and he realized that i already have two VFR's, he understood that bike is in good hands

Poppa Rex

bike transported to new home, next to my dads 1987 XJ600

looks silly small

so the bike, engine looks quite sad

this is the part of bike i kinda dig a lot

this is radiator that has been hiding under the front fairing, we will get to this point later on, but i would like to relocate it or, just get bigger radiator, because i dont like the front fairin, dad hates belly pan. rest of bike is cool in our taste

so one day i deleted the front fairing, dad did the belly pan. then came day when he asked me to take him pick up brake caliper for his car, so i went to his job(where we keep the bike) and i saw that he has already taken off tank and seat, so we went from there to just take engine out

dont get me wrong, i was doing work too, just he didnt took pics

so we ended up freeing the engine, but couldnt get it out of frame, that's how it sat for couple of weeks until last week i went there and decided that in order to take engine out we should remove exhaust pipes as well(we didnt bothered to look at service manual, that we had given at purchase)

so i took it out and placed on table for disassembly

this is how bike will stay for a while until dad gets some free time from work(overload) also this is a coproject that is funded by me. so slow :D

so this is what i would like bike to look, if iļl get enough motivation and funds

ideally with some futuristic LCD speedometer and front end like this

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Paintwork doesn't look too bad at all. That'd still be a 700 bike here, runners begin at 900 and up (which is why I don't have one)

·
V four honda whore
12,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So there is some problems on the road. Engine is still on the table. Dad tried to disassemble it this week. And it looks like flywheel is stuck for real. The thread on it was ripped off. Dad made some hooks to lift it up through those small holes in it. They bent out. So yeah, we will try to weld a fat and long nut to it and try to lift it up with more leverage. Checked used engine prices on ebay... If flywheel wont come off, that might be an end for this project, because at that price i could try to catch st1100, and do longitdal v4 build instead. Quite sad

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Well that`s a bummer... hope you get it out and fixed!

·
V4's FTW
10,496 Posts
You can fit a 750 motor in that, if you needed to.

Aren't there special tools for removing the flywheel? I was just thinking I have some spare 800 side rads and I could modify 1 to slim it for your upper mount. They didn't cost me anything. Fix the motor and let me know

·
V four honda whore
12,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
750's from same era are shit. And flywheel sits on cone. Its been pressed too much on. We will try to weld on nut and press it off with bigger bolt. I want this bike working more than anyone else.

Ill keep you up to date

·
V four honda whore
12,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm with Yan.

Stumbled across this the other day and want one.

Thats cbx750, a bit cleaned. But they look like that. I briefly had one, before sold that to my friend. Eric remembers. In idea itsthe same engine as on dohc cb750, but with 6 gears and more power

Reactions: yantosh

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Thats cbx750, a bit cleaned. But they look like that. I briefly had one, before sold that to my friend. Eric remembers. In idea itsthe same engine as on dohc cb750, but with 6 gears and more power
Yeh different bike, but similar style. It's the pin stripe which makes it cool, maybe worth Photoshopping that strike on to your bike for a look-see?

My dad had a cbx750 few years ago. I rode it pretty illegally on a learners license. Sounded great and was awesome fast to me at the time. Something about the old 80s bikes that sounds better than modern stuff.

·
V four honda whore
12,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
look what i got sent today at whatsapp from my dad

also he told me that con rod is fucked as well...

have to get my hands on crank to determine what type it is and start looking for some

BIKE WILL BE LIVING

·
V four honda whore
12,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ill try to upload pic of how the crank looks. Havent had time to do it. But god honda crank bearing system is complicated. Anyway, might pick crank up soon.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.