Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so right now im building an rc51 for a friend. to pay me he gave me this ex250. what would you do with it? he has the missing pieces to the fairings at the house. runs pretty well. i rebuilt and modified the carbs a bit. needs some wiring but im not worried about that haha. handlebars are a bit tweaked but i have risers and dirty bars and the ones i made. was almost thinking about making a set of clip ons for under the top triple. modified the shifter to reverse shift pattern like my gsxr so what say you?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have looked at that 250 so many times and am VERY tempted. is there a build thread?

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Single tube backbone = multiple tank options. I've always wanted one to put an old school round tank on (like gn250 etc), taller rear shock, fat bars and slicks on. You get the supermoto fun with a reliable engine

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have my stock srad shock to toss on it if itll fit. should raise the rear end a good bit and stiffen it up. also possibly modifying the forks.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hahaha. i may. i really have no idea what to do. i should probably keep it on the cheaper side.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Haven't you been trying to build something for your lady for a while?

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
You need to bring that thing down here and let's go ride. :)

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
I'd make it as clean as possible and try to sell it off to someone learning to ride, put the money into something faster, just my :twocents:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
if you want to keep it, then I'd put it on a serious diet. get rid of EVERYTHING that you can do without. drop in a light battery. swap on some real suspension (rs125 forks). then just ride the piss out of it.

otherwise, clean the bike up and sell it.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd make it as clean as possible and try to sell it off to someone learning to ride, put the money into something faster, just my :twocents:
i have my 7/10 for faster haha. and ill whatever i end up building the lady will ride im sure. and fate i would love to come down there to ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.