Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find some upgraded forks for my Triumph, because once it's boosted those girly wee stock forks just won't cut it. There is literally nothing in NZ, and I can say this with certainty because I've been hunting for a set for the last 5 years and come up with exactly 3. There's a chap in Australia who's selling a set of CBR600 forks, which coincidentally slot right into the Triumph tripleclamps, and he only wants $500 for them. He doesn't ship internationally, if I were to buy them would there be anyone on the other side of the ditch keen to do the inbetween and help me out? There'd be a thousand beers on tap if you ever came over to Christchurch, no doubt.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171310874553&fromMakeTrack=true

The auction in question

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Medi, reckon you can do a little 5 minute search for some 675 or late model CBR600 forks? It'd be cool if they had calipers but not a total issue. Otherwise I'll go with Awesome Keef. Love this website, where else would dudes be willing to ship stuff from one corner of the world to the other just so someone can build a slightly cooler bike?

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offers of help guys, but I've managed to work out a deal with this dude. You don't know how expensive bike parts are here in this part of the world, I've seen mid 90s CBR600 front ends go for $1000+

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I decide to sell these forks in NZ I will make money hand over fist. A guy I know doesn't bother with wrecked bikes any more, he just buys complete new bikes and parts them out from there.

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
You don't know how expensive bike parts are here in this part of the world, I've seen mid 90s CBR600 front ends go for $1000+
Glad it's worked out. I always fancied having a go at living in NZ for a bit but that gives me a bit of a drooper on the whole idea. :(

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had someone who wanted to by my 2000 model vfr forks. I called a wreckers in Sydney to ask how much to buy a set so i could get a decent price range to sell them at. He said that they were becoming rare, so about $900.
I sold them for $300, i couldn't charge almost a grand for 14 year old vfr forks, no matter how fucking rare they might be.
You guys in the US dont realise how cheap your parts are compared to this isde of the world.

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just spotted a front end for an early model SV650 for almost a grand. That's $1000NZD right there for a frankly substandard front end. Parts are hard to get here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.