Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was out for a ride today on the back roads round Northallerton, going through a very small village at 30mph (i always obey 30's)
went passed a BMW traffic car, palked well off the road down a track, after i was about 400m passed it pulled out and followed me for around
3 miles, i kept to the speed limit and didnt do anything wrong, as we came into the next village it put the Blues on and stopped me!!!!!
woman PC got out and said that she had stopped me due to my Licence plate being mounted where it was obscured!!
told her it has been there for over three years and passed its MOT with it there, she said that it isnt part of the MOT nor is the font style (shows how much they know FFS)
told me i would need to get it moved as ANPR cameras couldnt work with it there (no fuckin shit lol)
bit that got me about the stop was i went past her parked vehicle at 90deg to her, so she wouldnt have seen my plate as it would have been behind my exhaust can!!
so she has pulled out and followed me just to try for anything she could get me for, couldnt get me for speed so came up with anything that came to mind :holy

·
Registered
480 Posts
Steve,

She was just after you mate! :)

Last time I got pulled up North was coming back from Malton to Thirsk, again for a small plate. Said nothing about my race exhausts, race tyres or tinted visor!!

Plates seem to be the in-thing in North Yorkshire.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Yeah! Damn the man!!!!....er... woman....

Edit: do you guys call police "the man over there"? Probably wont see the humor in that if you don't lol....Damn the man save the empire.....

my name is not warren

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
i'm always looking for a tug at the strip club.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Yeah! Damn the man!!!!....er... woman....
my name is not warren

Plates seem to be the in-thing in North Yorkshire.
Small plate = problems with auto-reading tax / insurance cameras & speed cameras = less ££ for the Police and Government coffers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts