Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dz basically likes all bikes..HD cruisers,sport bikes, choppers, dirtbikes, etc.

With that said, I also really like watching MotoGP racing. I even went to MotoP in CA last year, at Laguna Seca...a couple weeks before I broke my damn leg.

So, I am curious if any of you fighter types get into it? I am planning on having a season opener BBQ, March 10th, and may invite some local guys if there is enough interest.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I love watching MotoGP. I didn't get big into it until a couple years ago, now I have a get together every race. A good friend is going to the MotoGP in I think Estoril this year with his gf.

He's got a pair of tickets to Catalunya for sale if you know anyone interested!

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Yes sir Doug !!! I live for the moto gp and AMA racing !!!!

I hate the fact that speed chanell took all the replay races off !!
I used to stay up all night on tuesday and watch all the races that i missed !!

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its cool that some of you guys are into it.

Check this out. 2006 MotoGp at Laguna.

Here are a couple pics that I took out at MotoGP. They are not great, as I have a cheap camera, but you'll get the jist. Three movies too, small, soundless..etc.

Race Start

Early race bass by

Nicky winning the race

The stunt show before the race started

Grid up time.

Rossi praying ritual

Nicky gridded and ready to go

Nicky on his parade lap and smoking up the rear tire celebrating

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i haven't seen a race since they stopped doing the ama race at charlotte motor speedway. i think i was... uh... 13 or so, i don't remember exactly. i do remember honda was still running the rc30, and the cbr600f2, so it's been a while.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I love to go to the ama races here at mid ohio !!!

It is a great place to watch a race and you can get pit passes easy and hang out and talk to all the riders get rediculously close to the track, even do a parade lap before hand!!

I watched nicky and his brothers on the come up here for several years even before ama , as they are local boys, I took my ex's son and he got to talk to all the riders and got towels hats poster and autografs free !!!!

they are Verry fan friendly, and profesional. I would suggest taking all kids to the races !!!
Now if we could just get football and baseball players to act the same ?????? :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Just so you all know...

the forum calendar has been modified to make it MUCH cooler...

I have already put in the races for MotoGP for the year... if you go through the calendar:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/calendar.php?c=1

And click on those events (or if you go to this forum and click on the thread for that event) there is a link to "Request a reminder for this event"

You can click that, and set it to remind you of the upcoming event (in this case, MotoGP race) so that way you don't miss anything! :rock:

Also, when you post in this forum, you can set a date for the event you are posting about, so people can request a reminder, and your event will automatically show up on the calendar! :party-smiley:

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
I have been to the Shanghai Moto GP 2 years in a row. I have a buddy that works at the track and he hung out with Rossie last year. I get to go back to eh pit area with him this year if kiss his ass (Which I will !)

Can't wait. AS yo knwo I used to race n a lto of club races adn did a bit on the AMA - Camel pro series so thats my big claim to fame.

I Get all the races here on the illegal sat TV system I put in so lifes great sports wise. I get all the good channels.

If they have a malaysian GP I wil find an excuse to get there if at all posisble. Its only a few hours by plane adn I got business there as well to tend to. he he he

1 - 11 of 11 Posts