Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, I've been reading through the posts on here, just looking for ideas, I got a CBR600 F3 that I'm working on, runs fine hasn't been sitting..got it in a trade and decided to convert it. the pics are up to where I'm at with it. I've spent most of the time so far sanding off the 90 layers of paint that were sprayed over the entire bike wires and all, and just trying to get down to the base to build up, planning a SV650 light up front, looking at some koso gauges switching to a renthal pro taper and just some minor stuff...really I'm looking at my biggest issues being the wiring, what I need what I don't need. relocating the ignition key....I'm open to any help or recommendations...A buddy of mine has a beauty of a fighter and he told me to come here...looking forward to getting to know you guys and offering and help I can give...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi and welcome heres a link to a cbr600f3 build i done i did finish it it the end.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16501

For handling i would recommend the cbr900 fireblade rwu forks there are a straight fit if you use the yokes to match the forks and a r6/r1 rear shock fits really easy just need to take out the sleeves from yours and fit in the new one.
dyno jet stage 1 k&n filter and a 3degree ignition advance work well
mine use to do 167mph.
click on my profile have alook at some of my pics

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info i'm going to be keeping an eye on your build just to see what I can come up with....any idea where i can get a wiring diagram?

·
Registered
413 Posts
thanks for the info i'm going to be keeping an eye on your build just to see what I can come up with....any idea where i can get a wiring diagram?
That build was a couple of years back i did finish its the red one in my sig pic.
link for a manual with wiring diagram http://www.carlsalter.com/download.asp?p=868.

any questions just ask everyone's friendly on here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome thanks for the link! i've got it all sanded down now, probably going to start on the wiring this week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcomes! Don, I was thinking about the ignition there or where the tool pouch was supposed to be (next to the battery) I put it there to see and the ignition runs flush with the frame, but I like that spot up front as well, just got to see if I can get it in there...since I got the wiring diagrams now I can start taking off all the tape and rerout the wires...has anyone know if you can run the wires on the inside of the right upper frame arm? just above the engine and below the tank? there is a hole in the fron of the frame that would work perfectly if i can get the wiring routed that way

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any rec's on paint strippers? thinking of the SEM aircraft grade, but was wondering if there is something cheaper to use, i've got about 10 layers(no shit) of paint to cut through and i'm just using it in the crevices where I've not been able to get cleaned up

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
I'd run a test piece of wire through the frame, just to make sure it can go through without problems.
If you run it through the frame, use a bushing or a grommet where the wires leave the frame. you'd hate to have the sharp edge of the frame rub through the insulation, short out and cause issues

Not sure about the brand of paint strip, but the fumes are what really eats the paint off. use card board to contain as many fumes as you can, and you will get the most use from it

·
Registered
413 Posts
When i done mine the ignition fits on the left hand hole in the front frame quite well and split the wires in two sections to run either side of the frame under the tank.
As for paint stripper i just used nitro mores (wrong spelling lol) works fine.

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
When i done mine the ignition fits on the left hand hole in the front frame quite well and split the wires in two sections to run either side of the frame under the tank.
As for paint stripper i just used nitro mores (wrong spelling lol) works fine.

Found your build thread. nice work man :thumbsup:
I just saw that spot on the frame and figured it'd been done before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts