Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
If in Doubt Flat Out
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is any self taught cad users on the forum. I'm really interested and have installed it to my computer. Have been messing about with tutorials on YouTube but wondering if anyone had any extra advice on how to get good at it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
What he said. The best way to become proficient is just to start trying to model the parts and assemblies that you want to and search help databases when you get stuck.

·
RyansToys
27 Posts
I get paid to do it... Mechanical Designer.

CAD is really easy. You need to be able to visualize the parts (If you can sketch them isometrically), then you have the right mindset. If not it will always be slow.

What software packages are you trying to use?

If you search <program name> & tutorial & pdf, you will get lots of hits that are from schools. if you have more specific issues, drop me a pm and I might be able to orient you for an easier approach.

·
If in Doubt Flat Out
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get paid to do it... Mechanical Designer.

CAD is really easy. You need to be able to visualize the parts (If you can sketch them isometrically), then you have the right mindset. If not it will always be slow.

What software packages are you trying to use?

If you search <program name> & tutorial & pdf, you will get lots of hits that are from schools. if you have more specific issues, drop me a pm and I might be able to orient you for an easier approach.

I'm using autocad. I managed a couple of brackets for a subframe mount I'm making. My 12 year old son has been on it a lot since I installed it and seems to have a grasp of it. I'm a pipe fitter to trade and use isometrics all the time. Il keep plodding away pretty sure il get there. Thanx for the advice

·
If in Doubt Flat Out
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a mess about last night and managed to design two parts of my subframe mounting plate. So quite delighted with that. Will keep up the practice as I think il be able to get not bad at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts