Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I am not going to say that the Hayabusa is not an incredible machine. It is. That aside. Is anybody else sick seeing every magazine filled with Chromed-out Busa's? I, for one, have seen enough of them to last a lifetime, not to mention the fact that most of them look pretty much the same! I wish people would move on. I don't know if it's just me, but I'd rather see someone take a not-so good looking bike, and turn it into a mean-looking street machine, than take one of the top bikes and chrome all the stock parts on it! What do you guys think?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
i totally agree. im not saying busas arent a sick machine. Im saying that I get sick of seeing the same old thing. Ocassionally I see a really radical one with crazy bodywork or insane turbos (600 hp this month), but generally its a chopper show version of a street bike.

get all sorts fo cute little busa parts, dip em in chrome, along with everything else metal on the bike. Then lower it, and give it a "crazy" paintjob...I mean, it is customization, but its just so generic.

I'd just like to see something a little more different.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Although I am sick of seeing the same stuff done to Hayabusa's, I'm not really sick of seeing them. I actually find it very impressive when I see one that is actually different than the rest. Yes, there are a million of them, but that just means its all that much harder for one to stand out in a crowd.

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thing that bugs me, is that when you read these articles about the chromed-out Busa's, they usually say that they chose it simply because it was the "in" bike, or because it's the fastest (even though they never ride the bike). It just doesn't make much sense to me. Get a bike you like, turn it into your dream bike, simple as that. Don't pick the bike just cuz its the cool thing to do, or because it gives you bragging rights about performance that you'll never use!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
guess what the new "in" bike is gonna be..the zx-14.

and guess what they already have one out that looks like every custom busa out there.

http://www.roaringtoyz.com/ZXRedAlbum/index.htm

man. now im really sick of them busas. look how many busas this place has done.

(wheres the vomit icon?)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hell yea! I am sooo sick of chrome that its ridiculous, and all the lights, chrome and other crap in the world couldn't make me want a Busa. I'm sure they are nice, I guess, but it's just so played out its ridiculous.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
Guess whats on the cover of Two Wheel Tuner this month......

Yah. a busa. OoOOOoh and its turbo AND sprayed. OMGG.
:fire:

·
Registered
371 Posts
i guess i'll raise this from the dead....lol.....i too am tired of seeinbg the busa craze......all you see is stretched, fat tire, cromed out machines brought to life from Biker Boyz.....where's the origionality......if i had one it would be a fighter that's for sure....you wouldn't be able to tell it was ever a busa..:cfcartman: ...

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I too am sick of the things. They are realy popular here in cincinnati with the brothers. I have had the unfortunate opertunity to ride one a few times and each time i couldn't wait to get the fook off it. One was at a track day ( yuck ). I was not at all impressed with the way it handled. I am sorry but stock the performance is just OK. I have many times outrun them on the highway on my 1,000. Once rolling, I'll walk away from them.<<< say whatever you will about that comment It's the trueth From the line they launch good, but after that get me off the thing. What a tank !!!! My 94 fzr1000 pulled almost as hard and felt better in the corners with a smoother trani. = Same weight almost ??

( Oh yea, 2 cent smiley goes here )

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
Listen I'm sick of the cookie cutter Busa's also. I can see why all the shops trick them out. They want the bussiness for the airbrushing and all the other stuff. Personally, I'm sick of all the GSXR's, CBR's, R1's and 6's and ZX's out there that look like everyone elses.

ZX6 guy- Yo what is that?
Me- It's a motorcycle
ZX6 guy- Yeah I know, what kind?
Me- Suzuki
ZX6 guy- word, what year?
Me- 2005
ZX6 guy- So how come I didn't see it at the dealership when I went there?
Me- Cause Suzuki doesn't make it like this.

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
im sick of busas and gixxer 1000's with fat tires shit on em personally i had to laugh at this months 2 wheel tuner they have a cover busa in there and they say this busa is not like the others you see yadada yddday ydadad

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
enrico vespa said:
Listen I'm sick of the cookie cutter Busa's also. I can see why all the shops trick them out. They want the bussiness for the airbrushing and all the other stuff. Personally, I'm sick of all the GSXR's, CBR's, R1's and 6's and ZX's out there that look like everyone elses.

ZX6 guy- Yo what is that?
Me- It's a motorcycle
ZX6 guy- Yeah I know, what kind?
Me- Suzuki
ZX6 guy- word, what year?
Me- 2005
ZX6 guy- So how come I didn't see it at the dealership when I went there?
Me- Cause Suzuki doesn't make it like this.

:rock:

i usually get:

squid: what happened to the rest of your bike?
me: nothing, it's like that on purpose
squid: why would you do that?
me: so no one confuses me with you :D

they never get it.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
haelo. haha. you KNOW your not included in that group.

oh and did anyone see the stretched, lowered, chromed, and painted like a million dollar bill, full fairinged hayabusa in STREETFIGHTER MAGAZINE this month???

so FUCKIN LAME

1 - 20 of 80 Posts