Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my complimentary issue( I am hoping its a subscription, but aint betting on it) yesterday, and I have to say, its pretty cool.
The guy sent it to me, I assume, as a way to try and get me to advertise there...but the costs are way too high for a small home brew start up like myself, and on my small scale, probably no way I could handle that much exposure......I only make 2-3 products at a time.

Overall, the mag is pretty cool....they did have some hood rats modeling parts and I though that was kinda cheesy.:D

·
more ideas than money
945 Posts
soooo where are the scans of the hood rats?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
blah. chrome. stretched. painted. blah.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You want the scans..ha, buy the damn mag. LOL

Adam: yeah...lot of that....Cliché bikes.....but some cool other stuff too.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
they feature a streetfighter every month...a VERY american overdone one. . but hey. :shrug:

Reactions: Greencheezeeta

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they feature a streetfighter every month...a VERY american overdone one. . but hey. :shrug:
yeah, this month was actually two of them....some douche who thinks he was a superstar at stunting and had some Triumph bike, and then that Buell/Duc hybrid.......which made me make the latest post in the bike building as a business thread.

Sidenote...Jason Britten does some writing for them.....and seems like a pretty cool fricken guy....along with what I know of him from Stupidbikes show. LOL

·
A New Breed
763 Posts
It was 2 Wheel Tuner who called and invited me to the Yamaha display in Laguna Seca last weekend. They were teamed up with Yamaha for the Boz Bros Custom Bike Show. I was impressed with the people at 2 Wheel but you are right, it's a typical blinged out, chromed out and stretched to the max bike rag. But, and this is one of the reasons they were interested in getting me up there, they are trying to incorporate a new SF culture slowly into the pages and claim they shoot one for almost every publication now.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
fight the power!!! theres a new streetfighter mag coming to the US!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
however i'm pretty glad to see someone recognising what we're doing... or at least the bikes!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
Jason seems to make fun of Superbikes while hosting it at the same time, if you watch closely he seems to have no love for that other douchebag that apparently doesn't even ride.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I stopped buying them after the email I recieved about what it takes to get into their mag. I was pretty much told that my bike was nowhere near what they would even do a small thing on (granted I need a real paint job and a couple little odds and ends) but come on if they want a real down and dirty fighter it was a pretty good candidate. Im not trying to say I built the best bike ever but I havent seen a bike that heavily modified in their mag yet that wasnt some 15-35K shop built ugly ass bike. I just wish there was a mag more like Streetfighters in the U.S that did writeups on readers bike and dont care if its all pretty painted and chromed out.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I deleted it awhile back. I sent it to them pretty much right after I got the bike on the road. They pretty much said "buy our magazine and check out our feature bike to see what it takes to be in our mag" which they could of just said "you dont have enough chrome/useless stupid shit stuck on your bike to qualify, we are more about the look than actual TRUE BUILT fighters."

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually, this is one of the cleanest online mags I've ever seen. I would love to take the naked news to this kind of level eventually.

http://www.deadendmagazine.com/
Its funny you say that....I have been thinking the same thing...something to print out and sell is the next step for the Naked News. get some big money advertisers to cover 90% of the cost to print, and its in business. :D

·
more ideas than money
945 Posts
baby steps..... but we are making them... Hell I would be happy with 5-10 pages added to the Horse every month.

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
I don't even bother to look at em on the shelf at Chapters.
They all look about the same,too much Chrome, Ugly paint, BIG freakin rear tyre,
This Pimp my Shit is getting boring.....

Dat"s not gangsta, FOOL.....Dat"s jus yo sorry ass tryen to Showoff.....

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
Well, I got my complimentary issue( I am hoping its a subscription, but aint betting on it) yesterday, and I have to say, its pretty cool.
The guy sent it to me, I assume, as a way to try and get me to advertise there...but the costs are way too high for a small home brew start up like myself, and on my small scale, probably no way I could handle that much exposure......I only make 2-3 products at a time.

Overall, the mag is pretty cool....they did have some hood rats modeling parts and I though that was kinda cheesy.:D
Yes I got my free issue to. I'm thinking about advertising in there also. They seem to have a huge subscriber base and the magazine is very cool itself. :rock:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts