Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently got an 87 hurricane. I'm looking for ideas as far as syling goes. anyone have any tricked out, i cant find any pics. When this bike was designed they tried to save money and put everything into performance and cover it up with bodywork so it might be rough to figure out. What do you guys think?​

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
take the fairings off, take pics. and post em up here. XXX

that'll help you see what you wanna do!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
thats a clean machine! :D

id say update it all. newer cbr swingarm..a phatty one. subframe and tail. and front end swap!

thatd be sick! :metal:

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
929_adam said:
thats a clean machine! :D

id say update it all. newer cbr swingarm..a phatty one. subframe and tail. and front end swap!

thatd be sick! :metal:
DO you know what years are interchangeable, i knew that i wanted the newer swingarm and frontend but i dont know what years to look for.

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
I got a buddy that has a CBR F2 that did a direct bolt on single sided swingarm from a VFR. Ill find out what year and model it was.. The F2 and your bike shouldnt be that far off.

Id take off that upper and front end, swap it out with a 600rr front suspention, wheel and brakes. Either get an upper tripple with risers or drill threw the upper tripple and bolt some risers up and throw some MX bars on there.

Since the sub frame is basically made of straight round rod you could probably fab up a sub frame a little different then either mount just a seat, or a seat and your choice of tail section.. Somethin that kinda follows the body lines on your bike, nothin too sharp. I found a Buell Lightening tail section that actually looked pretty good. Nice round curves and wasnt too big.

Get some matching seats or drivers seat and solor cover for the tail section you get, weld on some mounts n brackets and you'll be golden

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
TA2LURCH said:
DO you know what years are interchangeable, i knew that i wanted the newer swingarm and frontend but i dont know what years to look for.

im not sure whats interchangable or directly swaps...but ive heard anythings possible!

i have a 929 swingarm, shock, linkage... basically entire bikes. also i was thinkin of swappin my 600's forks out (spyder said to look into a set) so if you wanted those...theyd be available.

Attachments

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
TA2LURCH said:
Every thing is interchangeable with an angle grinder and a big enuff Persuader :LolLolLolLol:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
^^^^^^^^
true fighter attitude. very true, but you forgot the duct tape, mig welder, and zip ties

1 - 12 of 12 Posts