Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have convertibars on my fighter project. Overall I love the adjustability and function but can't decide how much I like the look.

Basically I'm wondering what you guys think of convertibars? And also opinions on chopping off the extra bar once I have them adjusted?

Attachments

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
I have similar things on my katana. Mine are adjustable from 3 places, haven't ridden them yet, but it puts in the bars in the same place as my old drag bars, I couldn't clear the top of the forks (GSXR) with normal tripple mounts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i certainly like having the bars a little higher up for comfort. It is also pretty conveniant that I can drop them all the way down if I want to hit the drag strip. What I don't think i will be doing is raising them any higher than where they sit now. For this reason im thinking about cutting the extra bar off under the mounts....

Just curious if anyone has similar experiences. Do your bars extend down at all?

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Yeah i certainly like having the bars a little higher up for comfort. It is also pretty conveniant that I can drop them all the way down if I want to hit the drag strip. What I don't think i will be doing is raising them any higher than where they sit now. For this reason im thinking about cutting the extra bar off under the mounts....

Just curious if anyone has similar experiences. Do your bars extend down at all?
Looks like you have about 7" of travel, up and down with out moving the fork clamp. I have about 3" I'd say.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
MY FJ has something kinda similar as stock (clamps round top of fork leg, rises, holds tube) but they don't allow ANY adjustment at all. You can't rotate em because the part that clamps round the fork leg isn't round and is 'keyed' to the triple clamp, you can't move the bars fore / aft, etc. Probably by design to avoid clashing with the fairing, but annoying as hell. Would love to replace em with something that allows adjustment, may just end up fabbing custom bent tubes that give me the position I want (without adjustment).

EDIT - Fux, can't even easily replace the bar part, its pressed fit, not bolted in place.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the ability to rotate them is awesome. Can also change the angle of the actual bar. All I really need is like 3" of travel so I may cut them off at that point. I will never extend them to full 7" or whatever it is

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
I like the idea but couldn't get over the look, not bad at all on your bike with the gauge filling in the middle, can't even see them really.
Function over form though, if your bike sucks to ride, then it sucks.
I'd use them to find the right position and then get some nicer mounts, you ever thought about running 0 degree clip-ons with a chopped dirt bike bar? Looks sweet + rise and pull back adjust ability. my 2 cents anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts