Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
No review...but I'll be watching to see if it works for you....
I'm in the market for a bender also...not the harbor freight kind. I need one that works more than a couple times.

·
forks and valves... WTF?
671 Posts
I can't comment on the Pro-2 bender except to say it looks cheap and looks like it doesn't use proper "follow" dies. I think the Pro-2 was designed for bending brake lines and very light tubing... not what I would use for motorcycle projects.

I have a Pro Tools 105 and it works great for motorcycle frame projects. Its more expensive, but it uses both a forming die and a follow die to keep the tubing from crushing and bends come out nice and even. The protractor attachment is a must to have.

They recommend bolting the stand to your shop floor, but I've made mine so that it bolts to a huge steel plate. That way I can move it and not have studs in my floor. Here are a few pics of my setup...

With a little practice, you can get good repeatability...

Just remember that you get what you pay for...

that's my $0.02

·
forks and valves... WTF?
671 Posts
Just found video on YouTube...

It looks like it does a great job on heavy flat bar and solid round bars. The only round tubing they bend in the video has very heavy wall thickness. You can see that the system doesn't use proper follow dies (as I suspected). I would not want to use this for large diameter, thin wall round tube. Without a contoured follow die and proper fitting gripper, it would probably just crush the wall in. So I guess all depends on what you want to make.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts