Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have a complete stage I motorcycle kit for $150, but I can't find any reviews on them. Anyone here running one of their products? Also I'm fucking lost in terms of what type of ballast to use and all that. There's options for every little piece in their it. I'll post a screenshot of what I mean. I just lost a bid on eBay for a KTM headlight by one fucking dollar, could a had it for $50 shipped, I'm fucking missed, confused and in desperate need of a good headlight for the slingshot build off bike. Please help! Thanks in advance.

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
Well we have used hid kit conversions b4
I bought this set up for my mom's car for Christmas
But won't be installing it till next month

After dealling with the China stuff and then getting my hands on theretrofitsource stuff
Its much higher quality by feel and look, but cannot say anything on performance yet...
But on the same note I haven't found any bad reviews on there stuff and most forums send people there

·
First Time Fighter
59 Posts
FWIW I considered buying a kit from them but didn't feel like spending that much for two projectors. I ended up going with an eBay pair of Bi-xenon projectors for $100 and they work fine enough for me. So far anyway. The retrofit source stuff does look solid and their reputation is hard to beat.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Quality and performance is at oem standards without paying the premium. I have purchased a couple fx-r kits in the past and have been very satisfied with them. Don't way time or money on the Chinese stuff. Do a full projector retrofit and I promise you won't be sorry.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the thing is it won't really be a retro fit at all. I'm basically gonna make a shroud for a single projector and that's it? Its not going inside a stock headlight. Mikegyver you wanna part with that kit lemme know!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But how the fuck do you decipher what specifics you want? I mean I know I want 6000k output but there's so many other options that I have no idea what they even mean.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
I have duel lights on my bike so I'm goin 35 for the low and 55 for the high
For most the 35 is mor then enough...
I stick with 5000k-6000k lots of light and a nice color
Cannot remember the ballist options atm but make sure u get something that is sealed

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was just going to buy the kit and mount the projector by itself to a shroud of sorts. I'm no longer pursuing this right now cause I ended up falling in love with a headlight off a factory bike(its a secret) so I bought it instead. THEN as it turns out my Brother whom I live with and I were talking about HID's and all that and He pulls out an almost brand new HID conversion kit for 9006 headlights. They're by a company off ebay called "Opt7" and were only $35 or so but Casey told me He was impressed and they're supposed to be really good quality for the price.

Since I'll be using one of them in the headlight for the slingshot buildoff bike and the other in my SV650 I shouldnt have to look for other headlight options for a while. Thanks everyone for the input and advice. I'm sure others will stumble on this in the future and hopefully help them out a little.

·
Registered
50 Posts
TRS is good money. They just updated the projector they use in the motorcycle kit too and now the output is really great. I have the 2.0 version on my bike and I am looking to upgrade to the 3.0 version they currently have out now.

They give you plenty of shroud options so if you can find a deep enough bucket to put behind the projector (I dont think they are weather proof) you can make a headlight for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.