Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=DrGonzo link=topic=93789.msg1173255#msg1173255 date=1184706652]
2001 Yamaha FZ1 Streetfighter. 26K miles, Yoshi slip-on, jet kit, undertail, HyperPro spring kit, Acerbis Diamond headlight, new Dunlop Qualifiers. $3200 OBO or will trade for V-twin Sportbike. E-mail or PM me.
Thanks,
Brad
Rome, GA
[email protected]

[/quote]

:party-smiley::party-smiley::party-smiley::party-smiley:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yuck.

p.s. someone tell the dude that putting on a $50 knock-off acerbis doesn't make it a fighter....

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
+1 thats no fighter. its an almost stock bike with a dirtbike headlight.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whiny basterds.....I put it up if someone wanted a deal,...which it may or may not be. :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
hahah.

good lookin out dougles!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I've seen 01's go for around 3500 and they were stock. It's a so-so deal.

Doug, I wasn't whining because you called it a streetfighter (you should know better) but the guy listed it as a streetfighter in his little ad.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've seen 01's go for around 3500 and they were stock. It's a so-so deal.

Doug, I wasn't whining because you called it a streetfighter (you should know better) but the guy listed it as a streetfighter in his little ad.
I know...you should see how many on the SV board call their bikes SF'ers....stock. LOL

·
Registered
854 Posts
I know...you should see how many on the SV board call their bikes SF'ers....stock. LOL
on a similar note ... how many SV of the Month nominees are just a collection of bolt on parts that everybody else has done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry that my "little ad" upset some of the more sensative amoung you. I did not post the ad here, someone from teh SV board did and I appreciate it. I know the bike is not a full blown custom streetfighter but out in the mainstream world of motorcycling it IS referred to as a street fighter 'look'. I don't know what you mean when you referred to my Acerbis Diamond headlight as a 'knock off." A knock-off of what? Its an Acerbis. Lastly, it comes with THREE bulbs, none are blown. Thanks for looking guys.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Sorry that my "little ad" upset some of the more sensative amoung you. I did not post the ad here, someone from teh SV board did and I appreciate it. I know the bike is not a full blown custom streetfighter but out in the mainstream world of motorcycling it IS referred to as a street fighter 'look'. I don't know what you mean when you referred to my Acerbis Diamond headlight as a 'knock off." A knock-off of what? Its an Acerbis. Lastly, it comes with THREE bulbs, none are blown. Thanks for looking guys.

I guess I'll reply to this, since it is obviously directed towards me. No one here is upset, with the possible exception of you. The FZ1 is not a streetfighter, mainstream or anywhere you go. Just because a cycle rag or some dealer may call it that in an advertisement doesn't make it one. Since when is a Half-faired bike a 'fighter? It's a sport touring bike. How do I know? Because I owned one up until a few weeks ago.

And by the way, the knock-off comment was a subtle joke on my part, that the regulars on this site may have understood, as my FZ1 had a knock off acerbis light on it. Sorry my fun 'upset' you. :tease:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Oh yeah, good luck selling it at that price. Especially if you no longer have the original fairing bits. I was struggling to sell mine until it got totalled on a test ride. Seems as if everyone on ebay or other forums thinks a streetfighter is a bike that was wrecked and they put a acerbis on the front (not the case for me, but probably the case for you)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yuck.

p.s. someone tell the dude that putting on a $50 knock-off acerbis doesn't make it a fighter....
I wasn't trying to pass my bike off as anything other than what it is. Hence the pictures. When I rode it to the FZ1 rally in June, it was indeed referred to as a 'streetfighter' by many that saw it. I'm NOT saying that makes it one, I am saying that it IS considered a streetfighter 'look' by the average motorcyclist and I am correct, like it or not.
As far as selling it for the asking price, it is OBO. So maybe I will get LUCKY and sell it for the best offer.
Pay attention DUDE.

PS: I wish I had known I could get that headlight for $50. Damnit!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
What's it to you anyway? I am fully aware of what a streetfighter is and have been for some time now. I am no newcomer to them.
I wasn't trying to pass my bike off as anything other than what it is. Hence the pictures. When I rode it to the FZ1 rally in June, it was indeed referred to as a 'streetfighter' by many that saw it. I'm NOT saying that makes it one, I am saying that it IS considered a streetfighter 'look' by the average motorcyclist and I am correct, like it or not.
As far as selling it for the asking price, it is OBO. So maybe I will get LUCKY and sell it for the best offer.
Pay attention DUDE.

PS: I wish I had known I could get that headlight for $50. Damnit!

This is what you said in your ad, "2001 Yamaha FZ1 Streetfighter." Where do you say "streetfighter look" in the ad? Lighten up.

I wasn't even being sarcastic when I said good luck selling it. I know how hard it is to sell.
There is a store on ebay, I think it is Tuner X or something similar to that, that sells the knock offs. One of my riding buddies has the Acerbis Diamond like yours and I had the knock off Blitz style (2 lights stacked on top of eachother). They put out about the same light.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey I'm good. You are still missing my point. I didn't PLACE an ad on here. I placed it elsewhere. Someone else put it here. I never came HERE and claimed my bike was a street fighter. Understand now?
This place is fun. Glad I found it.
What kind of scoot you got now Raven?
Brad

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Hey I'm good. You are still missing my point. I didn't PLACE an ad on here. I placed it elsewhere. Someone else put it here. I never came HERE and claimed my bike was a street fighter. Understand now?
This place is fun. Glad I found it.
What kind of scoot you got now Raven?
Brad
Ok, water under the bridge.

You're correct, this place is a blast! I've got a xr650l that I am 'motardin a bit.
Hope you stick around.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts