Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
more ideas than money
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wantiing to black out the front rim onmy chopper project, but funding is not available for powdercoating..... has anyone had any luck rattlecanning a wheel?

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
Get a hold of POR-15. They make a small mix spraying can that is disposable, and a topcoat called "Hardnose Top Coat". Comes in a lot of colors. It's hard as a fucking rock. Great stuff.

Then you can use what's called Glisten PC (Also from POR-15) and clear over it with a brush. It's like a polyurethane floor coat. You brush it on, it self levels, and you have a rock hard topcoat for your wheels.

Good luck! :)

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Get a hold of POR-15. They make a small mix spraying can that is disposable, and a topcoat called "Hardnose Top Coat". Comes in a lot of colors. It's hard as a fucking rock. Great stuff.

Then you can use what's called Glisten PC (Also from POR-15) and clear over it with a brush. It's like a polyurethane floor coat. You brush it on, it self levels, and you have a rock hard topcoat for your wheels.

Nice reply bro.....I am printing that one. :rock:

·
FUTURE GURU
1,265 Posts
do it all the time...My secret is that Krylon makes a triple thick clear that works great! I think it is sold in craft stores mainly... I couldnt find it for the the hellfire so I used engine paint and some of the wheel clear they sell at autozone, i will have to see how that hols up...Oh yea, as usual clean,sand, and use a good alcohol or something tio degrease....bla bla ..u know:)

·
FUTURE GURU
1,265 Posts

information that would have been helpful... YESTERDAY! :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts