·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
I got one works fine, on my gixer

Reactions: Jackstand Johnny

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
me too. Surprisingly quality piece. I guess cheap chinese crap has come a long way.

however the anodizing isn't the greatest. With sun and gas it seems to fade. I blasted mine and blacked it out, still a neat cheap cap.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking on getting one polished and not anodized but who knows. I don't do wheelies either so I'm good there. I've still got a learning curve to get over with the prosthetic so no funny business for a while probably. Thanks for the imput guys. I feel a lot better about buying one now. Still gonna try to finish rebuilding the stock cap. I'm almost there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts

This is the style I run. Seems like much better quality then the threaded ones I've seen on other peoples bike. Here's a link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Gas-ca...Parts_Accessories&hash=item51b3aed163&vxp=mtr
With such a small diameter to grab and twist is it hard to open and close that lid with a glove on? I was considering this style but the above question has me skeptical of this style of cap.

I've read some of the cheap chinese ones aren't vented. Anyone ever run into that issue?

·
iceCrappingSnowHonkie
1 Posts

its not chinese... and its not cheap.. but it works, its not threaded and easy to grab with gloves on.... the gas cap in the pictures works pretty good too. its made by driven and it hasnt leaked yet... think i paid about 140 for it from either motomummy or ebay.. cant remember.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
With most things you get what you pay for.

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
With such a small diameter to grab and twist is it hard to open and close that lid with a glove on? I was considering this style but the above question has me skeptical of this style of cap.
Nope. you push on it and it's a 1/4 turn to open or close. It's always surprised me what a good product it's been considering the price.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts