Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stripped down my gixxer 11 and got her running right she's been sitting for over a year according to the old owner so I took the carbs apart lastnite cleaned em out and did plugs and wires she runs great, has pod filters and a d&d slipon installed by PO. Since I'm turning the bike into a fighter/cafe racer hybrid, I'm thinken about taken the d&d off just running the header an mid pipe and putting a small baffle in the mid. What kinda power loss can I expect from this if any noticeable at all and how many of you are runnin open exhaust?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
i have headers stepped down to like 4 inches of autozone 2 inch diameter pipe. runs fine. loud as hell. those at fighter fest can attest to that. my throttle acts fine.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Why not just chop the can or get a reverse cone type exhaust? Bike will run and look better

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Had my first Bandit tuned in on a 4-1 and a baffle of my own construction at the end of it. You really don't get any more wide open than mine was without just dumping strait outta the header itself at the collector. As long as you take the time to correct the carbs there is no difference, just a fucking shit ton louder.

Yosh RS-3 stainless oval (my brother trying out the beast):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AyYTEhd9Ss

Completely uncorked as pictured above (me doing what I do best... being a lunatic):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0liS1y1jcc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wtf my app didn't even tell me you guys had replied It usually notifies me on email, anyway sorry for the late response, I don't wanna cut down the d&d bc I'm not a fan of the way cut cans look I really like rat bikes setup I'm going to reject once I get new pod filters, I seem to have put the exhaust on the back burner bc now my big issue is weather or not I should flip my clip ons?! I think I've read every post on this site about dirt bars/flipped clips vs regular clip ons and I'm wanting to try flipping them however I'm not really a stunt guy I'm more into knee dragging and high speed so from what I'm reading dirty bars and flipped clips can be more dangerous at high speeds? (Not to hijack my own thread but you guys have more experience then me, this is my first fighter build) for reference I'm also running no front fender, no factory stabilizer (I may need to get an aftermarket and have a fork brace dabbed) anyway opinions are great and appreciated as always, thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Wtf my app didn't even tell me you guys had replied It usually notifies me on email, anyway sorry for the late response, I don't wanna cut down the d&d bc I'm not a fan of the way cut cans look I really like rat bikes setup I'm going to reject once I get new pod filters, I seem to have put the exhaust on the back burner bc now my big issue is weather or not I should flip my clip ons?! I think I've read every post on this site about dirt bars/flipped clips vs regular clip ons and I'm wanting to try flipping them however I'm not really a stunt guy I'm more into knee dragging and high speed so from what I'm reading dirty bars and flipped clips can be more dangerous at high speeds? (Not to hijack my own thread but you guys have more experience then me, this is my first fighter build) for reference I'm also running no front fender, no factory stabilizer (I may need to get an aftermarket and have a fork brace dabbed) anyway opinions are great and appreciated as always, thanks guys

Flipped clipons or dirt bars aren't any more dangerous at high speeds than the nutjob in the seat. If anything it'll give you more leverage for easier control of the bike. That's always been my experience anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I'm a suzuki tech an deff not a squid but I've been really thinken about doin this mod esp cuz it's free lol just to try it out and it's not like I run high speeds all the time anyway I just would like to be able to put kids on 600s in check every now and then haha

·
boostin
304 Posts

flipped clip-ons give a shit angle if you plan on tucking in for those 2 am highway runs,ive don't it once or twice and it feels very sketchy.. for general whoolies and hooliganism though their great

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sketchy how? And yea late night 2am 140plus runs are what I'm talkin about the majority of my riding is under 100, I just don't wanna have a set up to where of a kid on a 600 wants to run that I'll be affraid to run him lol

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
i got Dirty Bars on My Bandito... Solid as hell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even at high speeds? Again I'm not runnin a front fender, fork brace, or dampener as of right now. I need to atleast get a brace fabbed but yea I wanna flip em an try it out but after reading some of the stuff I have now I'm hesitant just bc I like to do high speed every now an then

·
boostin
304 Posts
because you're putting like a 10 degree angle on it when you flip it and at full tuck It kills your wrsists just to hang on at thoese speeds, I want a flatbar but I cant run a top mount stabiliser, cause this guy looks like he manages just fine

http://youtu.be/aKR18uxEN2Y

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey not to revive a dead thread but do any of you guys know if I can use standerd dirtbike risers on my Tripple? Will they be high enough to clear my forks on my 93 1100? I went to my local shop yesterday and universal risers are crazy expensive esp for something I'm not sure if I'm gona like or not

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Even at high speeds? Again I'm not runnin a front fender, fork brace, or dampener as of right now. I need to atleast get a brace fabbed but yea I wanna flip em an try it out but after reading some of the stuff I have now I'm hesitant just bc I like to do high speed every now an then

140 tested and fine. i do have the fat bar dirty bars tho. super wide

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Hey not to revive a dead thread but do any of you guys know if I can use standerd dirtbike risers on my Tripple? Will they be high enough to clear my forks on my 93 1100? I went to my local shop yesterday and universal risers are crazy expensive esp for something I'm not sure if I'm gona like or not

its all math.

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
R6.
Driller top yoke with 2" risers and drag bars, no steering damper, ok up to 140, then?
On back roads just as fast as straight bike, but more fun.
Exhaust is a cut off original pipe(approx 8" long from down pipes) with a baffle fitted to give back pressure, up one size on both jets runs great, noisey, but great.

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
So i am running my Exhaust with a short mid pipe to a 2" tip on my Bandit 1200. I put the pod's and Stage 2 Jet Kit. Before I did the Pod's and Jet Kit I did have to use a baffle.

I have been running my bike with both clip-ons as well as the dirty bars. I also have had both set ups over 140+ I did not have a hard time dealing with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts