Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, decided I best put this in here so I don't end up knocking other folks threads off course.
Bike is an Aprilia Falco 2003 in the black/bronze...
Mods already done before street fightering decision are art end cans, clutch jet mod, db screen, k&n, forza eprom, braided front brake lines, rsv steering damper, -1 +1 sprockets, some wiring mods, gsxr sidestand, gear indicator, factory pro clutch slave.

The plan for the basic streetfightering is to do it in such a way that original parts aren't damaged incase I change it back. Mods planned are renthal bars (exact ones are undecided), drill top yoke for clamps, paint the bike possibly some form of red, remove the fairings, get a new small belly pan, dominator lights, small screen to hide the clocks, somehow tidy up the sides so they don't look like a simple fairing removal job, figure something with the steering lock to get more turning, tidy the wiring as Falco fuse box is beside the clocks, fit rsv shock and linkage.... Then decide the rest from there.... As we know there has never ever been a "finished" bike!!!

If I've done anything wrong here then let me know, never done a build thread...

Attachments

·
10,805 Posts
i'd avoid dominators, they won't do your bike any favours, single light be much better , you picked a hard bike to use as a base, the Falco is a good looking bike, yet to see one improved on. had one a few years ago, only bike i never modified

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
my advice is to hide as much as you can. like the wiring, the coolant resi, anything that shows. this bike has the potential to be really really clean. id also say swapping to a smaller single sided exhaust too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What headlight would you suggest? Hornet style?

I've been thinking a lot about hiding the wiring but this thing has wires everywhere, think that's gonna be the hardest part.

Regarding the exhaust, its a vtwin build before they put the cat converter on. If I put on a stuby then it'll be far far too loud, although I could trim down the links. Changing to rsv single side can is meant to require additional tuning, I also prefer twin cans. Though, I'd prefer different ones.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its strange, lots of people have never even heard of them. When other bikers see it they usually ask what it is. Hahaha.
There's nothing wrong with the bike technically. I just much prefer wide bars for comfort and throwing the bike about. I really love the engine on the bike though and selling isn't worth it either. They just don't sell for much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just hoping it turns out well. Don't want it to look a mess, easiest option is to turn it into a tuono lookalike. Can get all the parts on without much hassle.... But then.... I'm not making it "mine".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the look of the bottom one most, and I prefer that he has something to hide some wiring behind. Top one will certainly require new clocks which I'm not thinking about just yet. That silver one must be mega loud!!! Bet it sounds great... Apart from 6am when heading for work.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Looks pretty good with that cafe tail section on it. Dont stress about it looking messy when you pull the fairings off. Youll find a place for them to go. We all do. With the way that frame is designed it looks like you can hide wiring behind it pretty easily.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
See, I don't personally like the cafe rear on it. Maybe its just the colour but I'm not sure... But if we were all the same it'd be a boring world.
The main wiring mess is at the clocks as Aprilia also put 2 fuse boxes there. Noticed a lot of people have used random bottles for their radiator reservoirs...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts