Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
I see a scam.
Either a scammer from out of country, or using the 'i cne hardlie tayp sentaces' thing to confuse people into not asking questions.

He's asking for a money order or cash, paypal secondary.
If you were in PA and wanted to pay cash and asked him where he was, he'd skirt the questions and blow you off, waiting for someone to mail him a money order so he can walk away with a grand or two.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
never heard of it... and YUCK, that's and ugly sumbitch.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haelo said:
The Aprilia Red Rose -is- a bike though.
so it really did exist.

I really wondered - cuz the whole ad copy on that deal, really sounded like a scam to me, also.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
The text sounds fishy, but it was a real bike.

They were available as 50cc, 70cc, and 125cc --> 2 stroke

They were made from 1990 I believe, until 2002 onverseas. A buddy rented and rode one when he was in Italy a few years ago ('02). I have lots of pics somewhere of it. He rented a 125 and loved it, but he didn't do any real touring with it, just commuting. I've only ever seen one in person and it was in a trailer bound for a swap meet somewhere, it was rough, and although I considered it, the thought of "who the hell has heard of this, and can I afford parts to rebuild" quickly entered the picture.

BTW - Googled "Aprilia Red Rose", same bike is listed on Craigslist, New Jersey, with a Philly tag....
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/260719152.html

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
He also said it's in philly.

It's a fucken scam. Who asks for a money order and makes you call them to talk about Paypal? Suuuch BS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts