Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
is it just me or does that bike look unproportionate???

like the upper half is too big for the lower (wheels and swinger)

or am i just :nuts: ?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
maybe the fenders are too high or somthing???

love the exhaust outs tho! nice tips! :LolLolLolLol:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
929_adam said:
maybe the fenders are too high or somthing???

love the exhaust outs tho! nice tips! :LolLolLolLol:
It DOES look funny, and its for a reason. They spent a TON of time on weight distribution on this bike. Apparently, it has a SUPER low center of gravity, which really helps tear through corners.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
gixxershane said:
what is the price tag on that bitch??? i want one:ninja:
you'll need to save up for platform shoes too :LolLolLolLol:

I think they are like $8600-8900

i want one of each :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ohhhhh I want one! it's so sexy and I love those pipes!

God that would be so much fun.... a supermotard is high on my list of bikes I want to own. Dunno if I'd want that or just a big single like the new Husky SM610.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
a big ol thumper huh??

how do the two bikes compare?

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
929_adam said:
a big ol thumper huh??

how do the two bikes compare?
I'm not really sure, but that would be an interesting comparison. I looked up some reviews on the Husky, and while doing so, I found a LOT of forums with people complaing about reliability issues with them. In one particular instance, in the first 700 miles of the bike, it began to leak oil, coolant AND gas... not good. The poor guy has been fighting with them for a long time now trying to get repairs done under warranty. This was not the only occurence, I found a LOT with problems right from the factory. Don't get me wrong, there are far more sites with people saying they love them, but I just thought it should be noted that perhaps quality control isn't the best.

However, as far as the nature of the Husky SM610, I found this quote which REALLY makes ya want it, despite the possibility of mechanical problems:
enormously responsive, unbelievably quick-steering and prone to pulling spectacular wheelies with little or no provocation; in short, a hooligan tool.
Heh... a hooligan tool... sounds great, right? :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
That's good info thanks miller.... I think any motard could be called a hooligan tool, that is what they're all about innit?

What do you guys know about the LC4? I've got my eyes on this one at the moment if my other plan falls thru... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=66954907

Rip those ugly arse mirrors off, put a set of alloy wheels on with a set of supercorsas..... should be the go.

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2much said:
That's good info thanks miller.... I think any motard could be called a hooligan tool, that is what they're all about innit?

What do you guys know about the LC4? I've got my eyes on this one at the moment if my other plan falls thru... http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=66954907

Rip those ugly arse mirrors off, put a set of alloy wheels on with a set of supercorsas..... should be the go.
Most reviews of the LC4 Enduro are VERY good from I've read. This quote really sums it up:
the embodiment of sporty all-rounders: powerful but cultivated, razor-sharp but reliable, and always there for one or two quick curves.
BUT... there was a recall issued for several years of production where the front wheel spokes can come loose, and for obvious reasons, cause other problems to occur! The "fix" under the recall, is to go to a manufacturer, and they will put a "clip" on the loose spokes, connecting it to the spoke next to it.... pretty weak... so if you do get one, ya may want to consider swapping out the front wheel, but other than that, they seem pretty solid. :cfrocks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
it looks like a plain ol dirtybike...your gonna have to do more than just rims and tires!
:LolLolLolLol:

cmon! you know you want the superduke! dont sell yourself short!

·
Registered
387 Posts
929_adam said:
it looks like a plain ol dirtybike...your gonna have to do more than just rims and tires!

cmon! you know you want the superduke! dont sell yourself short!

:LolLolLolLol: Yeah but they're bigger and heavier compared to a true motard, plus I don't think they look as good in the flesh as they do in pics.

Oh yeah, they're damn expensive, and DB's crash better which can't be a bad thing.

:cfrocks:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts