Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Too much is never enough!
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally find some time to share with You Guys with my new project bike, which will be Fireblade with Blackbird engine. I want it to be a true oldskool fighter without fancy bits (maybe ;) Bike must be fast and handle perfect maybe some 1/4 mile events next year we will see ;) So It will be slow budget build. I've started with buying 92 fireblade

Bought it cheap, the crank was bent so knew that will need new engine

but It was very hard to find good engine so thought that maybe other engine will go to the frame. Always loved the blade/blackbird conversion and wanted to know hot it is to ride it. After a week bought carbed Blackbird engine and the same day on Polish Fireblade forum bought already modded frame to take this big lump. So after couple hours this bad boy was in the frame.

The subframe went to welder I started to look rad and waiting for more stuff that will come to me by mr postman so soon will share with You my progress

·
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just picked up my modded VFR 750 rad. Now it fit perfect and have lot space for front wheel my concern is that will this rad be big enough for 1100 engine. When I start to ride gonna find out :LolLolLolLol: Also instead of installing original VFR fan must to put there something smaller so decided to run 3 PC fans

And mounted on the bike

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
That radiator is a little bent. It wouldn't be a bad idea to flow test it and make sure it's 100%

I had an SV radiator that didn't look too bent but turned out to only be working through about 75% of the radiator. Bike was running hot and couldn't understand why.

·
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know its bent, but it was checked at local shop that is repairing rads and it was ok. After first ride I will know is it working or not ;)The blackbirds like to get high temps and its common so putting smaller rad as I did isnt good idea. There isnt much room between the front wheel and radiator :confused:

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
I know its bent, but it was checked at local shop that is repairing rads and it was ok. After first ride I will know is it working or not ;)The blackbirds like to get high temps and its common so putting smaller rad as I did isnt good idea. There isnt much room between the front wheel and radiator :confused:
Very cool. there is a company that sells a wide range of brand new radiators on Ebay for really cheap if you ever wanted to get something else. I larger radiator would be great for cooling. nice upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
You have an oil cooler/front fender interface issue in your near future.

Also, you're going to chew up plenty of swingarm rubbers with that 'arm angle. Could also make a steering damper very necessary!

Consider 98 onwards calipers and matching master for more stopping, could be useful on a bike with that engine!

Otherwise, I dig the concept and the execution :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.