Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn’t find much during a search on here but has anyone arranged pickup of an engine (or other freight) from an eBay seller. I found an engine and I’m pondering buying it. The seller stated they would crate it but would not arrange pickup and shipping which seems fair as I’m guessing it takes quite a bit of work on their end.

I wouldn’t mind investing the time but don’t really know where to begin. I guess start calling around freight companies?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I got a quote from Uship. I used a 3’x3’x3’ 300lb crate with liftgate service at pickup and delivery for a quote with them. $600 to get from Anaheim to outside StL, Mo. I dropped the lift service at the pickup and it decreased to $455.

Later, Doug

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,589 Posts
You'll need the lift gate service unless they have a way to get the crate to dock height which I doubt if they are shipping from their residence. If they had access (maybe at work?) It'd make life easier

Did you try UPS freight yet? If you had access to a corporate account for them it would be considerably better

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was from a business not a residence. Unfortunately the engine was sold before I got a chance to contact the seller and ask.

It was a 1300cc big block, turbo Kz engine with magneto for $3300. Supposedly dyno’d at 275hp according to old paperwork. Kicking myself for not buying it and THEN figuring out shipping.

Later, Doug

·
walkrndwtwood
1,038 Posts
Took me 2 years to get a shipper from wisconsin to west coast. Covid screwed me. Bought the bike as soon as I saw it. Guy wasn't going anywhere so it helped.

• Wow
Reactions: ROBBO
1 - 5 of 5 Posts