Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was offered a trade, my mint xv700 virago (which i hate) for a mint ascot vt500. i googled it, seems pretty bad ass spec wise.

Anything i should know in particular?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Looks like a cool bike. If the Virgo is in that good of shape I'd hold on to it till next spring then you'll get your money out of it or at least get what it's worth

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seems all the ascots i see are going for 1500-2k in mint condition. this bike is mint. worth the trade?

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
You would have to be absolutely nuts to NOT trade for a Honda VT or FT 500 if you have a Virago. The Honda is always going to sell 10 times faster when it comes time to turn it back into the market. Virago's on the other hand need someone that actually cares about them.

The coolest thing about the Honda is the handling and engine character. Honestly a wonderful street bike with a dash of flat tracker to make it just that little bit more of a thrill as you bank into a corner and roll on the throttle. ;)

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
The VT models were shaft driven so you are severely limited on the options for swingarms and wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts