Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
i dont have bike lift and i cant put anny load on my ankle. how do you suggest i can do it? i cant even move tea from one table to another :D
well i can order up some parts. also i need to figure out a way to move all my stuff from one garage to another

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
While you're at it wanna find me an OEM muffler? :D

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
i have a pair of rebuildable set of ducati oem remus

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
The rearset plates on the winter build-off thread were made locally? They look top notch.
drew them on solidworks and sent to local company for water jet

thanks. i like them too

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
The rearset plates on the winter build-off thread were made locally? They look top notch.

I was thinking on doing some on my own by using poor man's CNC (hacksaw and file) but first I need to source the correct grade aluminum plate...
If you aren't welding on it, 7075 is what I'd pick.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
I got some 10mm 5754, though softer than the ones mentioned have held well on my rearsets, and easier to work on with hand tools. If you're interested I can get a shipping quote for you for a piece big enough to make two rearsets.

Reactions: SEBSPEED

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
rc36 got treatment on sunday
vf got purchase yesterday
this one gets rear shock ordered from land of mega manufacturing today
as soon as that one gets here, i'll start on refitting the tank and tail unit the proper way

Reactions: mcantar

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Or plan ahead and use weldable material. You know, just in case...
Or make spares :)

You do bring up a good point though, would be prudent to account for potential future repairability.

Do note that weldable vs unweldable isn't the only difference in alloys though. 7075 is far, far stronger than 6061 for example.

·
V4's FTW
10,492 Posts
Or make spares :)

You do bring up a good point though, would be prudent to account for potential future repairability.

Do note that weldable vs unweldable isn't the only difference in alloys though. 7075 is far, far stronger than 6061 for example.
Aerospace background, difference in alloy well understood.

It's important to consider a) it's a budget build and b) its a track build and c) the extra strength isn't really needed

Those three things suggest a weldable alloy that's easier to work with and later repair is the better choice, for this build.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts