Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Aerospace background, difference in alloy well understood.
I know YOU know, Seb. I was just putting it out there.

I don't remember what GoodKat is working on, didn't realize it was a track build. Repairability is definitely more of a concern in that case.

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Persinally closer to spring i'll get another set cut out

Sent from Erics moms house

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Not enough cash at the moment

·
3,979 Posts
Maybe if you didn't spend all your time at Shiny's mom's place you could get out and DW :D

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Went to garage to do some small things for rc36,and had free time, so did some atuff around this bike. Still waiting for shock to come, but lowered bike to desired height and will do new fuel tank brackets and subframe parts, so the tail isapropriate height. Found a good plase to fit front bracket.

Gonna fab a L piece and bolt it to bike where two horizontal bolt holes are...

As for that top hole!? Might fit steering damper there

Got spacer for front sprocket and fitted that too, butno picture.

As for carbs, transalp carbs i bought had no throttle cable bracket on it. And if there would i think it would be in a way of cooling line. Thinking about getting aluminium L piece and fab a bracket myself. Locating somewhere there.

Thats all for today, hope the shock will arrive soon. But will still try to do some work while i have time

·
3,979 Posts

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Slowly :D
What shock are you using?
Chinese. Cist around the same as Used grom one. Just have adjusta ility and you can change the oil, what i will do.

·
3,979 Posts
Ooooohhh, shiny.

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
found out race dates

01.05.2019 Biķernieki 1. posms Zelta mopēds, Scooteri, Retro motocikli
11.05.2019 Biķernieki 2. posms Zelta mopēds, Scooteri, Retro motocikli
26.05.2019 Jelgava 3. posms Zelta mopēds, Scooteri, Retro motocikli
09.06.2019 333 4. posms Zelta mopēds, Scooteri, Retro motocikli
06.07.2019 Smiltene 5. posms Zelta mopēds, Scooteri, Retro motocikli
07.07.2019 Smiltene 6. posms Zelta mopēds, Scooteri, Retro motocikli
28.07.2019 Madona 7. posms Zelta mopēds, Scooteri, Retro motocikli
18.08.2019 Biķernieki 8. posms Zelta mopēds, Scooteri, Retro motocikli

pretty intense

Reactions: RS_Raz

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
im such a lazy ass with this bike. anyway tried to find spark on sunday. looks like both coil wires are hot when ignition is on. and there's no spark. BUT i havent grounded them coils, can someone smarter than me tell me if i ground them spark will show, or i have fucked up somewhere else? also how fas the engine should turn to have a spark?

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
im such a lazy ass with this bike. anyway tried to find spark on sunday. looks like both coil wires are hot when ignition is on. and there's no spark. BUT i havent grounded them coils, can someone smarter than me tell me if i ground them spark will show, or i have fucked up somewhere else? also how fas the engine should turn to have a spark?
coils are energized full time and spark when a negative pulse is sent to them (this collapses the field and induces it into the secondary coil winding where it goes to the spark plug), so yeah, if you ground it it should spark.

EDIT: I should add that the coil will only spark once per grounding, meaning you'll have to rapidly pulse the ground if you want to test it for more than one quick spark.

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
so the coils i had were both quite dead, probably killed them myself. anyway today after doing some work on mates kawi, so i can give it to him and move VF in for buildoff. i did some work on good ol 4 year old nowhere near finished bike. anyway. i got new spark lead wires installed and did worked on wiring a bit. made grounding for both coils(both ends to be safe) it does look messy, but i will make it better looking at the end. gotta test if i do have spark after all...

front coil

rear coil

then while i did rest of things i put the DIY lithium battery, i built from half dead one, for charging. looks like it wasnt up for it. might be the thing it was discharged deeper, or the fact that it wasnt lithium charger (although lithium ones are just picky on float charge and chargers max voltage was within specs. anyway... it did this

anyway i got cold and ran out of hot tea from thermos, so i went home. ran to work and made a ground wire from battery to chassis, because i used the one on lithium half hacked battery. so back to do some work tomorrow. hope for a spark to happen. after that gonna wrap the wiring. mount the coils and focus last things i need for cooling...

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
the ground for your coils comes from the CDI or ECU (depending on your setup). it isnt a steady ground but rather a pulsed ground signal. every time it grounds the coil discharges it current into the secondary winding in the coil and the current jumps the electrode gap and "sparks". if your coils arent being grounded by a CDI unit or the ECU then its probably not gonna work.

·
V four honda whore
12,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
I checked several times the wiring schematic. Only thing thatight not be hthere are the pulse generator signal. But that will just determine the point of ignition timing. Theres ground on CDI and ground for coils aswell... I have high hopes

161 - 180 of 187 Posts