Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of late we have been in a little bit of a spot as to how to progress with the charity bike. What we need at this point is either an early gixxer 750 or a 929/ 954. The most important components are simply going to be a clean titled frame and a good running motor. According to Adam we have roughly $800 of charity money left so that is our price range. Please also consider that if it is slightly out of our price range we may be able to do a quick push for cash if it's a good enough deal. Post any findings of motorcycles in here, and we can try to make a decision on this and get it handled....

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
What year range on the gixxer?

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with what we have we can use an 88-92 gsxr 750/1100

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
sent one out already

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,231 Posts
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/1542251410.html

parting out 1992 gsxr1100
motor sold
frame clear title and polished
have front end no igntion switch
gauges
1100 stock swingarm polished
cid box
carbs and airbox
wiring
coils
plastics need work
seats
gas tank
fender
hindle pipe
89 750 head.. not ********
bets offer on parts frame 350 or best thanks

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rep when I get online tommorow. Adam's gonna pop in tonight and see what he thinks.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,610 Posts
clean title?

88' gixxer 750 w/ 2 motors. not much of a description but can email the guy with any questions.

askin $350!!!

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/1518716816.html

is about 25 mins south of me.
clean title? this sounds like a pretty good deal.

might be worth a lowball offer

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/mcy/1538144332.html

forsale 1992 gsxr oilcooled needs finishing ....needs rear rim 1300 or best 773-698-4046 wiring put on it ciols installed
350 and he keeps the plastics. is it a 750 or 11?

the 929 would make a few bucks by selling front end rims tail and such to recoup some cost. either bike really have some parts we could resell i think.

thanks for helpin out everyone and stunt for kicking the ball toward rolling motion! +rep a coming.

Reactions: stuntninja

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
i just got paid so as soon as i find out if the gsxr is a clean title and you want it, i can tell the guy its sold and pick it up and then you just get me back. :thumbsup:

Reactions: ROBBO and CK 187

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,231 Posts
clean title?

clean title? this sounds like a pretty good deal.

350 and he keeps the plastics. is it a 750 or 11?

the 929 would make a few bucks by selling front end rims tail and such to recoup some cost. either bike really have some parts we could resell i think.

thanks for helpin out everyone and stunt for kicking the ball toward rolling motion! +rep a coming.
i think the Chicago area ones might be worth asking Sven to swing over to and look over

:thumbsup:

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If there's gonna be a cash deficit let me know and I'll see what I can do. By the look of it though we should be able to afford any of the bikes. The fun parts gonna be the relay shipping from point A to point B if we get the Cali bike...

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Dude responded to my email about the 929 with "call the num.". Someone else wanna make the call? I have a hard time dealing with people who can't even tell me if the bike has a title via email(read: fucking morons)

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
the 929 is a rhode island bike. apparently after 10 years no title is needed for them just the reg. so we're gonna have to see what is gonna be needed to get the bike titled out of rhode island. also the forks are bent and the motor is leaking oil. but he has the parts to fix it.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts