Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, Ive been reading with interest for a while and finally bit the bullet and started modding by bike.
So far ive taken what is a stock 2010 ER6, swapped in some forks and brakes from ninja1000,Top triple from a 03 z1000, a swing arm from a 2015 versys, added a drag bar and shorter levers. A tail light with integrated indicators, and LED headlight.
Still to go is a 6inch rear wheel, a front cowl and a smaller gauge as well as one day take the plunge and shorten the tail.

Attachments

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
will a 6" wheel/190 tire fit in the swingarm? That's a lotta tire for a bike that size.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently yes, according to the questionable Indonesian gentleman I met over the internet. He said its a straight swap, and you can fit a 180, 190 or a 200. Time will tell as im waiting on the shipping at the moment.

The gauge I bought reads fuel full at 5-7 ohms and empty at 98 ohms
The standard fuel sender is full at 8 ohms and empty at 210 ohms.
By my reckoning i need a 200 ohm resistor in parallel with the sender to get it accurate can someone confirm im on the right track?
The new gauge also requires a 34hz signal to read correctly at 60kmh(35mph in the old money) by my calculations the front sprocket with a single pulse per rev will yield 24hz. Anyone done any speedo healing via a cheap and nasty,easy to install method ?

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update. 6 inch rear fitted with 180 rear tyre. A 190 would probably fit but the 200 will not.
Bought 330mm brembo front discs and 250mm rear disc and caliber from the same 2015 Versys that I got the aluminium swing arm from. Got a z1000 master cylinder to go on shortly.
The R1 shock im adapting is coming together. The spring has been swapped to 1100lbs(21kg/mm)
Ive got another low rise handlebar to try.

Ill post a few pics to tell the story eh ?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Awesome ride brother. You should be very proud of your work so far! :rock:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had an unrestricted versys 650 as a commuter for a while- great motors.
I really like what youve done so far with the er6.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wont mention the dramas i had to day but bigger brake rotors installed front and back. Z1 master cylinder installed. All bled and working.
Need to get the back shock on now and its functionally finished. Then i can start on the cosmetic side

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So ive decided to take it a different route...
Ive ordered a set of zx10r forks. The z1000sx ones i have were a straight fit but look too spindely
The 2004/5 zx10r forks have the same axle diameter (20mm) and so i can use the 650 wheel. I need an 08/10 lower triple so ive ordered one of them. Ive also decided on an MT03 headlight with kewl CNC brackets from one of the members here, clip ons and various bits for them
Ive already fitted the clip ons, ZX6r throtle tube and later model kill switch( smaller, lighter faster ? Lol)
I decided to try some lever guards as well and they add that little bit of something to the front end.
I also wanted better looking rearsets and the Valter Moto ones are on the way. I wish i had a CNC.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts