Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Also decided that i need a 19mm Master cylinder so i picked one of those up. Whilst doing that i found one of the Nissin items that has an integrated reservoir. I got a rizoma ct029b to go along with it. Far too much money for what is a commuter bike but its a hobby :)

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Some progress. Added some lever guards(which im not sure if I like) and wired up and fitted the new headlight and brackets. reckon the clips need to drop a little (they have three angle detents and are in the centre so are a bit too straight) also the mirrors work well up top but need to be under the bar to look good.
the ZX10r forks arrive tomorrow but need new seals before I can change out the z1 set. also the ZX10 forks are shorter and so the bars will need to go underneath..should look a lot more staunch then with thicker shorter, gold forks...
The forks don't have an abs sensor hole though, any ideas on how to mount up? I bought an ABS bracket from a CFMOTO and I was thinking of hanging it off the mudguard mount. I don't want it to stand out too much.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
front Spacers and axle arrived, New fork and dust seals are in the forks and ill be swapping over to the new forks hopefully this weekend. 43mm, stumpy gold zx10r goodness.

still left to do ...
Install new forks
Install brembo sintered sc Brake pads(f&r)
Install modified '10 R1 Rear shock
Install Koso db03r Gauge
figure out what Im going to do about a rear reflector(plod pulled me up last time)
Figure out what to do about the front ABS bracket
Install Valter moto rearsets
install 3/4 Master cylinder and new integrated billet reservoir
Adjust ergo's

then Im gonna ride the fucker like its stolen :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So the zx10 forks are in but the 2008 bottom triple doesnt seem to line up with the 2003 z1000 top triple.... bizarre... I swear others have done exactly what im doing and say it fits straight on with no mucking around. Ive ordered a 2008 top triple to check. Any advice here? When i put the top triple on the stem is 3mm too far forward and the triple wont drop in. I want to use the z1 top if i can as it locates the ignition in the standard spot and the riser mount holes are ideal for mounting the Koso gauge.

Need to figure that out as well as file/machine down the brake spacers as the new forks dont have the locating position for the dowel.
She looks the bomb now though....except for the tail and Id love to have the time and space to put a panigale tail on it but alas, she must remain a kardashian for a while :D

Attachments

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
I think the N650 tails are decent. reasonably clean, not too big.

first make it work well, then make it prettier

Reactions: Auser6guy

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Latest pics
So today added an ABS sensor bracket; found that (once it had been molested) a brake fluid reservoir bracket was perfect for the job.
I added the correct 5mm brake spacers so the brakes are spot on now.
I also added the Zx10r bracket for the steering damper.
The Z1000 guard will fit the forks but it needs some trimming around the mounts

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
remaining to do's

trim Zx10r front guard so it fits the forks
Install Brake pads(f&r)
Install Rear shock
Install Gauge
figure out what Im going to do about a rear reflector
Install rearsets
recondition and install 3/4' Master cylinder and new reservoir
Adjust ergo's

Ride the effing thing somewhere nice

·
old, tired, but willing
69 Posts
" figure out what Im going to do about a rear reflector "

try pushbike shops, those old fashioned mini reflectors with a threaded post on the back that you had on the back of the bike when you were a kid look ok on the rear number plate, usually centre bottom bolt hole or use two to attach the plate itself
you can get ones about 3/4" across and they're enough to satisfy legal requirements, my mate got his 46 indian thru rego with one on

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks @spotorama I reckon I can find a small enough item just I don't like where my plate is now let alone add to it if you know what I mean.
Id like to know what the ADRs are first I think. Ive been toying with the idea of some sticker type reflectors on the trailing edge of the swingarm( where the axle sliders are). But what are the chances that the ADR is something x cm off the ground, visible from space etc ? *rolls eyes.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
Good work! Admire your dedication to the job with those working conditions. Quite a small shed ya got lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So ive trimmed the front guard but it looks ghetto. Rideable.. but uglier than a hat full of arseholes. Proper zx10 fender on its way. Fitted the new front pads (fucked up the order on the rear so had to reorder)and ordered a master cylinder rebuild kit for the front. I finally got around to checking the bars for level and symmetry..Damn i was way off judging by looking at it. Need glasses :D
Ive decided to put the reflective tape on back of the chain adjusters(both sides) and see if that passes.

Still have a laundry list of things to tidy up but one good thing with the lockdown is that i have some time.
The main thing i want to tackle is how and where to mount the Koso gauge ...
I dont really want anything forward of the top triple and i have the steering damper in behind. I dont want to go behind that as itll be too night I guess That only leaves on top of the triple..... but how?
Initially i thought id make a bracket off the top triple bolt... Im in two minds about it ...any ideas ?

List of shit to do

- [ ] Replace left hand switch gear
- [ ] Install rear brake banjo light switch
- [ ] Install indicator flasher relay
- [ ] replace handlebar tubes
- [ ] install 3/4 Master cylinder piston
- [ ] Bleed brakes
- [ ] Install Brake pads rear
- [ ] Wire up gauge
- [ ] Replace clutch switch
- [ ] Install rearsets
- [ ] Mount gauge somewhere
- [ ] Paint and fit front guard
- [ ] Install Rear shock

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
If you relocate the ignition perhaps you could cut off that part of the triple then tap some mounts to the underside of the topclamp to mount your gauge on top of it?

Reactions: Auser6guy
21 - 40 of 53 Posts