Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I want to visualise what some of the more serious mods are going to look like before i do them.
To that end i bit the bullet today and started to learn about “photoshop” or rather not photoshop.
I dont want to pay for photo editing software so i found GIMP which is free and a tutorial online on how to mask out the back ground Of an image.
Google GIMP lol if you want to download and this is the YouTube tutorial i found which goes through step by step how to cut the background out

https://youtu.be/C0tg2mRroSY

First pic is the original and the second is the finished product which took roughly 50 mins to do

So now all i have to do is create some different “layers” in GIMP with the various different changes i want to make and away i go.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Spent the day fixing up a few things
Replaced the pad pins- When i changed the pads I wasn’t happy with the condition of them and they aren’t that expensive

I also have LED Indicators on the rear so i popped the side fairing off and replaced the flasher relay with an LED compatible one - I bought mine for less than 10 dollars AUD delivered and it looked like this one Motorcycle 2 PIN Flasher Relay for LED Turn Signal Lamp for Honda/Kawasaki/KTM | eBay

The new one doesnt mount the same as the old on a rubber bung. I zip tied it to the bung and hung it in the original spot - Its actually a better fit than standard.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I then moved on to the new gauge. Turns out the thing is tiny and I need not have worried about where to put it.
FOund a spot for it right ext to my ignition. Used a spare bracket i found and bolted it under the steering damper bracket. need to adjust my ignition switch mount but no big deal

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Wired up the gauge and I’m glad to say that the magic smoke remains inside. Need a few pointers on how to wire the speed sensor, temp sensor and other bits like the engine light. The destructions were unclear. Anyone here in particular know much about these things ?
All lights up, revs and idiot lights all work

edit
Settings and wiring guide for a Kawasaki ER650f/n 2010

the settings that you need to make it all work- some may work on other kwakas
Wheel diameter - 1970mm(i may need to tweak this but for a standard 160 tyre its correct)
Sensor points - 12P (these are on front drive sprocket) it has a single pickup but that spikes 12 times every rotation OF THE WHEEL (ROUGHLY 3:1 SPROCKET RATIO) of the back wheel which is 1970mm
Pistons - 2P
Coil setting - Hi
Fuel sender range - 200 ohm but appears to read a little high and I may revert back to 100 ohm

Attachments
  • KOSO Wiring.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad you replied to my post, your 650 is absolutely BITCHIN!

I find it very funny you were wiring your Koso right around the same time I was tinkering with wiring mine up.

How is the rear shock, was it worth the investment? I have seen some small talk for swaps but never a full write up like you did.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Bikes looking good man! I know this goes against the custom fighter way but I actually like the tail end off your bike I don’t think I would change it!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
LOVE the look of the bike. Truly going to be one of the nicest er6whatevers!
SooOoOo..updates? :D

Reactions: Auser6guy

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
LOVE the look of the bike. Truly going to be one of the nicest er6whatevers!
SooOoOo..updates? :D
Thanks man Like most, I’m slammed with work and other shit called responsibilities. I should never have grown up. Lol

Sadly, Updates will be few and further apart until I’ve moved house, got a better paying job and our little girl decides she wants to sleep...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
Totally understandable. Just make time to sit on her and make vroom vroom noises so you don't forget how awesome it is!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts