Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been working on this for a year. It still needs detailing so suggestions are welcome.
Most mods are done but I got to the point I just wanted to start riding the thing.
I must admit to being a learner on this bike because its 5 years since I last rode and this is a rocket compaired to the xs650 I had.
I will attempt to load pictures of before and after but as I said, pipe in, it is still a work in progress.
I look forward learning from you all and sharing what I am doing, Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,586 Posts
Welcome in mate, like the bike nice and clean! Bit on the slow side here ATM, good to get some new blood in!

·
BLACK BELT
6,913 Posts
Looks like you've done quite a bit already.

Not a lot of suggestions atm, but a steering damper might be a good idea.

Welcome from SoCal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you've done quite a bit already.

Not a lot of suggestions atm, but a steering damper might be a good idea.

Welcome from SoCal. :thumbsup:
thanks, thinking of chopping the tank to give a better line with the seat, show off the motor rear cyl and maybe drop some more weight.
what do you think?

·
BLACK BELT
6,913 Posts
thanks, thinking of chopping the tank to give a better line with the seat, show off the motor rear cyl and maybe drop some more weight.
what do you think?
I think it's a cool idea.

To do it well isn't easy, but you can do it.

If you're motivated, and do work, the good people here will let you know when you go wrong. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Touching base. Lately I have fitted a Black widow gen3 system to the gen1. The rear end has been restored to standard height with custom dog bones to allow for the shorter shock. And now I am in the process of fitting a custom intake with a single throttle body. and then I will start the custom tank.
IMG_20201027_120407.jpg IMG_20201114_160449.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Touching base. Lately I have fitted a Black widow gen3 system to the gen1. The rear end has been restored to standard height with custom dog bones to allow for the shorter shock. And now I am in the process of fitting a custom intake with a single throttle body. and then I will start the custom tank.
View attachment 148452 View attachment 148453
My air filter just arrived and I am booked in for dyno tuning 14 Jan 21.
It took a bit to find a dyno operator willing to try something a bit different. some wont look at anything that is not EFI.
I have worked out the throttle linkages but havn't fitted them on yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts