Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I was working out fuel capacity and a conservative estimate is about 12-13 litres.
I can live with that but I hope it's a bit more when all done.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I was thinking of lowering the rear of the tank to get it as parallel as possible with the seat line but to get another litre in the tank I am raising the front and lengthening it about 20 mm, should make it about 13-5-14.5 which I am much happier with.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
A step closer, only thing stopping me from using it is the missing hose to run between the regulator and the welder.
Should some rubber fuel line do the trick?
I am thinking of mounting my little plasma cuter on the lower arm.
Then I can get stuck into doing the tank.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I have started replacing duct tape with steel on the Honda NSR tank to SV650 frame Cafe Racer style.
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Some measuring and cutting and it's getting close to the final shape, so how about some feed back there is still a little room for change.
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I was thinking the tank looks a bit bulky still, but I don't want to reduce fuel volume and I do like it, so "this is the shape", I can start the final welding and fitting the base of the tank.
The harley threaded fuel cap boss arrived but I won't weld it in till the cap arrives and I have checked they work together.
The fairing is all paid for so hopefully it will be here by the end of next week.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Fairing has arrived pre painted dark gun metal grey. It is a snug fit just rubbing the frame each side (another 5mm would have been nice)
With a quick pre fit just sitting it over my head light, several things are apparent, I need to work out brackets and adapt the provided front bracket, volt meter and front brake res need moving. I think it will look better 40mm lower which means cut outs to clear the radiator. Wiring should reach but the indicators will need moving. Only down side is no fittings to fit the screen.
Automotive lighting Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood
Wood Bicycle part Gas Electric blue Plastic
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Since I had been doing some plumbing using silicone sealant I didn't want to handle painted parts so today I decided to do removal of parts in preparation and sit the main fairing bracket on despite being made for another bike.
At first glance it appears to be about the correct height but need setting forward a bit which is goo as I need change the mounting to go over the brake lines not under.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

41 - 50 of 50 Posts