Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend gave me Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2016, but he messed up and got the 32bit version instead of the 64bit. I can't load it on my new laptop with Windows 8 and wasted a week trying to find a way. Finally took my old Acer Ferrari with Windows XP into the shop. I hope it only needs a new power jack.

I'm hoping that I can draw up some simple parts and send the drawings to a machine shop to be cut.

Does anyone around here use AutoCAD, and is it difficult for a novice to learn and use?

·
Super Moderator
3,040 Posts
I use AutoCAD 2011 daily and Solidworks occasionally for my job. I've been using AutoDesk products for almost 20 years off and on.

For simple 2D drawings it's pretty easy. 3D...not so much unless you have Inventor.

If you need anything particular just ask.

Later, Doug

·
10,855 Posts
I use inventor and autocad everyday . Once you have the basics 2d parts drawings are easy enough. Offset, fillet , chamfer...you'll find a few commands you'll use regularly

·
BLACK BELT
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'll stick to 2D.

That's all I need anyway.

I'll post up when I get it going.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Its pretty easy to figure out and get the hang of. Best advice I can give is learn the hotkey shortcuts. They will save a ton of clicking and a ton of time.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I use AutoCAD daily at work. I can't stand it. Much prefer Solidworks or even Fusion 360.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts