Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got her tagged and titled today so I took it for a rip, this bitch is MEAN!!!!!

I have a couple issues though, one being that when i brake using the front it has a slight shake in the handlebars, Im thinking this is due to the stem nut being a little loose and possibly a taller steering stem and not being able to tighten down like it needs to. Solution, another washer....Ill know more this weekend.

Second is I think 2nd gear is TOAST!!! I shift into second and it stays for a minute but if i crack hard on the throttle it instantly pops out. Its fine in all other gears but 2nd seems toasted. I figure I can ride without it for now......I mean Ive been waiting all this time who needs 2nd anyway??

Im sooo excited. I cant believe the power and it isnt even fully tuned, thanks to skrooz he got it pretty dead on with the exception of some popping it has no flat spots that Ive found. I cant wait to see what it does when its 100%

Ill try to get some vid up this weekend of a few fly bys. I cant really do much else unless i get my friend to hang with me in his supercharged focus

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
awesome.

about the popping, if you have a very open pipe, it's gonna do it no matter what, especially on decel. get the freaking carbs sync'ed!! :D

and the 2nd gear, you probably have a bent shift fork, and/or some damage to the shift drum. pretty common problem amung sportbikes and whatnot.

glad to hear it's running pretty well though. it's hard to tunbe the carbs when i don't have the bike in front of me. i just took an educated guess with your carbs from personal experience.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well it runs like a beast as is. Ill get it to the shop and have them sync'd up soon. I still need these damn exhaust gaskets!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Sometimes depending on the design of the trans the second gear drum can be modified to take care of that popping-out problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts