Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bandit 600
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may remember the old 97 B6 I posted when I was a noob. Thought I'd update the pictures in your minds now that it's nearing completion.This is how it looked when I first posted pictures. The fairing here was broken when I bought it but this was after I fiber glassed it so I didn't look like a total scrub riding around.

Next step was to get rid of the bent bars from the previous owner. Same one that broke the fairing. I guess some just can't handle the carboreted 600cc bikes. Lol.

Then I switched to black drag bars.

So I finally found my double head light under $200. Had to get some new mounts for it and they were a little small but a little bashing with a hammer fixed that. All black of course. First get rid of the fairing at long last.

Next install the headlight and my new blinkers.

I found some mirrors on amazon I thought were really cool but turns out they're kind of useless but they're on there for now.

Then its onto paint. I airbrush so I had some ideas. I have seen the riveted steel on choppers before but never on a streetbike. So thought it would work. Chose my silver/grey paint.

So I had to practice a dry run and get some paint running through the airbrush and work out any kinks. So this is my design done in water based paints on paper for practice.

I was pretty happy with it so then it's onto putting it on the bike. I took some of the plastic home and this is what came out of that.

Then to reassemble it and start on the tanks airbrushing.

I didn't take a current picture as it's not so much more done on it at this point but there's a lot more paint on it as it sits currently. It's taking a ton more time then I wanted as my compressor doesn't have good control as to letting water in. So I have to slow down periodically to dry hoses and the water catch out. It should be done completely tomorrow but I wanted to get a jump on the uploading and resizing pictures for the forum.
I went to school for art but still relatively new to airbrushing but it's coming along pretty well. Yes, I would consider doing some painting at a nice rate if anyone wants something on a helmet or bike.
Hope you guys like it. I haven't seen anything like it before so thought it was the way to go. It looks crazy to me already. Like a cartoon as it has so many damn rivets painted on it already, and still more to come. I'll try and update it tomorrow so you can see what I mean.

·
Bandit 600
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, I did wire wheel the clear coat off the exhaust and re-cleared it. It came out kinda dingy and more like a gun metal finish. I really liked it. I like when things look tough so it worked out. If it didn't come out so well I would have just blacked it out. I think its cool until I can re-jet and do a better exhaust system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts