Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads!
thought I'd start a thread for my little fighter. well I decided I wanted to keep this little 125 for work commuting or the bird if she does her full test anyway decided I was sick of the 2stroke town riding now i love 2stroke but in town they are awkward so a 250 4stroke was the way to go! picked up a 1980 suzuki gs250t not really looking for performance gains cause if i was I'm up the wrong tree with this engine should about match the 125 engine..... I hope :blbl: anyway not got to far really :doh:
anyway pics!

the bike before the engine blew! all I'd done was fit straight bars, indicators and mirrors

test fitted the new engine :rock:

then realised I've got a clearance issue :help0:

but that issue is being resolved as we speak with a new shock mount :thumbsup:
anyway ill be back for more advice soon enough thoughts and opinions welcome

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
You've neglected to mention what bike it is!

Derbi gpr125 nude, which the USA members here will have no clue what it is. Starts life looking pretty cool for a tiddler! Yamaha tzr125 engine in there.

Was the engine choice just due to cheapness? I'd have held out for a dr350 maybe, this would give you a wrapped up exhaust to keep the underseat exhaust. Or something water cooled might be more compact. Good luck to you :) we will be watching!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:doh: yeah cheers for that yeah it was cause this engine came up dirt cheap so far I'm 180 pounds into the engine swap and to be honest I'm doing this to learn more about this side of motorbikes as I've always been a bit of a bolt on king haha! Currently watching a zxr1100 frame and swinger on ebay so could be another project on the go soon!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Hi lads!
thought I'd start a thread for my little fighter. well I decided I wanted to keep this little 125 for work commuting or the bird if she does her full test anyway decided I was sick of the 2stroke town riding now i love 2stroke but in town they are awkward so a 250 4stroke was the way to go! picked up a 1980 suzuki gs250t not really looking for performance gains cause if i was I'm up the wrong tree with this engine should about match the 125 engine..... I hope :blbl: anyway not got to far really :doh:
anyway pics!

the bike before the engine blew! all I'd done was fit straight bars, indicators and mirrors

test fitted the new engine :rock:

then realised I've got a clearance issue :help0:

but that issue is being resolved as we speak with a new shock mount :thumbsup:
anyway ill be back for more advice soon enough thoughts and opinions welcome
thats reely tite ,no room fer yer carbs mate .

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That's one cool looking stock baby fighter. I'd rock it for around town as long as there was a dr350 motor thrown in it

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
We (people in the states) are so left out on the cool little two-strokers, it's not even funny...

I got to ask... Does that gs lump not weigh substantially more than the 2t 125 that came out of it?
I know you aren't looking for performance gains, but damn. In one way I can appreciate the fact that it's not a 500cc 2t motor swap. In another way I can't :) <Probably an American thing>

Good on you for hacking it up and making it yours, I'd never shit on someone for that!
Do work!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It adds about 10-15kgs to the overall weight! Not to bad I suppose but its either going to spend its life going to and from my work or on the floor cause my girls riding! Jokes she's ok not dropped one yet... I would of loved to put a Yamaha RD350 in it but they going for big money for knackered motors and this is to be a budget build as I'm also saving for a new bike!
Cheers fellas!

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
We (people in the states) are so left out on the cool little two-strokers, it's not even funny...

I got to ask... Does that gs lump not weigh substantially more than the 2t 125 that came out of it?
I know you aren't looking for performance gains, but damn. In one way I can appreciate the fact that it's not a 500cc 2t motor swap. In another way I can't :) <Probably an American thing>

Good on you for hacking it up and making it yours, I'd never shit on someone for that!
Do work!

We Americans are left out on a lot of really cool stuff because of...well I will let you know why if I ever figure it out. 2014 marks the 22 year anniversary of the last 1/2 ton diesel, 2014 has a diesel ram1500 tho promising 30+mpg. 2 strokes here are nil. If you want a smoker it's time to dig deep to find one or swap a motor into a 4 stroke bike. Why is America affraid of anything beyond pump gasoline??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2stroke is dyeing unfortunately due to the requirements of the emissions in most countries even aprilia are stopping production of the rs125 and the teen gp riders are going on to 4stroke it's a real shame :doh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts