Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i wrecked my ninja 250 yesterday, i tried gluing the fairing back together, but it was bent too badly out of place, i still have all stock 'cept no fairing. i can now get clip ons instead of those risers, and lower the front end a little, i need to figure something out for a nice looking headlight, and dash(im thinking electrosport), then i need to get turn signals, and mirrors, and a new right rearset, but its already in the mail, well dont laugh too hard

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
it'll take some work...but you can make it into a baby fighter for sure!

:cfrocks:

keep us posted! and show us what parts your thinkin of!

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as far as parts go, i need some 36mm clipons, probably acerbis headlight(i think the diamond, but need more opinions) i saw a thread for a 110$ guage panel...might play around with the tail section. before the wreck i ordered some performance parts(pipe, intake, jet kit) ya for a 250, get a couple more horsepower i dunno! aftermarket support for the little EX is almost non-existant, although a sv650 shock will fir and give me a better feel in corners :cfcartman:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
thats a neat project. maybe chop the tail for a solo seat. it needs something dramatic

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i ride this bike in all kinds of weather, i already have a problem with the rooster tail of water/mud comming off the back tire with the stock fender removed if i had a shortened tail, it'd be really bad!, i have seen some swingarm mountable fenders? anyone have a link?:Stupid:

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

theres a side profile, looks like a standard, like a nighthawk, i need to change that!, i bought my new rearset, but for now i have the pass. peg bolted to the broke rearset and no rear brake, haha :nuts:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I'm pretty sure the ex250 already comes with bars. I believe he's tryin to get away from them.

maybe think about keepin the risers and goin with flat drag bars.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
ummm. theres clipons on that bike. :LolLolLolLol: and he said he needed a replacement one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
bcc423 said:
i ride this bike in all kinds of weather, i already have a problem with the rooster tail of water/mud comming off the back tire with the stock fender removed if i had a shortened tail, it'd be really bad!, i have seen some swingarm mountable fenders? anyone have a link?:Stupid:
Do you have a mud guard over your rear tire? I don't know; this may not help enough.

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Clip-ons are kind of like two-piece handlebars that "clip" onto the upper portions of each fork leg. Though the 250R has two-piece bars, they are not true clip-ons since they attach to the top triple clamp and are fairly high." -ninja 250 wiki
right now i sit too straight up, it doesnt have clipons, it has risers that are bolted on the top fork clamp, i want to go to clipons and was thinking the woodcraft, because they are one of the few to make 36mm ones:party-smiley:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
woodcraft makes good shit. and are good people. i've met the whole family and theyre all really cool people. :rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
McBain said:
Do you have a mud guard over your rear tire? I don't know; this may not help enough.

yah. get a "rear hugger" im not sure i've seen one made for your bike...but would be suprised if there wasnt

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
see, me not completly stupid.:)

could you retro fit a cbr tail? I'm not sure what the frame looks like under that plastic but I'm sure it could be done.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i know where you could find a honda tail! :honda:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts