Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Cant leave shit alone!
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for up2L8:
I still haven't figured out to F-U back yet, I will though....

Anyway, my 01 SV is bout to get fightered out on a budget for real...
any of you who saw my intro knows she started out looking like this:

And, I proceeded to see what that fairing looked like on the floor:

(anybody want any of that shit lemme know)
So originally my dilemma was this mile long stretch of harness that suzuki didn't cut any "cost" on that handled my lights and cluster and whatnot.

But I figured out there is some room to tuck that stuff back ~neatly behind the neck. sort of. So, I was harped on about not having a plan, so I'll break it down for you. You know who you are...:fu:
Now then, I have another project on the back burner that I robbed a headlight from and made a couple of these to hold it on, nevermind I cant get the damn pics on photobucket.
SO, right now she looks like a naked model with clip ons:

Ok, photobucket is being a turd, I have a better picture of the 7" round headlight off of my 1979 Honda CB750F SS.
Which leads me to this:

·
Cant leave shit alone!
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

It will be temporary, the old headlight that is on there I just dont think is gonna make it, it is older than me! Anyway, the same day I paid for the Acerbis, which I'm sure you all are familiar with, I found and purchased this:

I will be getting the Cyclops, about a week or so before the Aztec8's and windscreen arrive.
I have a CRG bar end mirror on the way as well.
I'll post up some pics of some more goodies I have been accumulating, like my Red Galfer braided stainless lines and I think I am gonna hack the sub frame (just a lil) and try and fit this to it with a solo seat:

Whatchoo guys and gals think? I have paint plans as well. Some of you very well may know about some flooding that occured at my house this past week, what you dont know is my WELDER was in that carport. The insurance adjuster said that it will not be covered, all I heard was blah, blah, blah, we're not buying you a new welder...:doh:
I'll try and keep this stuff updated, and thanks guys for the comments, good and bad.

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
haha, what did i F-U about? i forget, but I think it was a motivational F-U. :fu:

What is that tail from, i like it alot.

and wtf is the deal with your insurance? If it doesn't cover your welder then fuck them :nuts: What welder was it?

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
Pity the 7" won't work, looks pretty mean from the side like that....
And it'll look ace with the single seat...

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
7" looks good. acerbis is shit. aztec duals are arite, but i'd ditch the windscreen thing.

sounds like you know where you're going with it, so get at it and keep us posted!

Reactions: ROBBO

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
It's ok on the F_U for up2l8, We do that to him just to keep him humble. LOL As far as wiring, try finding the connectors and shortening the wiring harness the right way. What bothers me about tucking wires is they almost always end up landing on something hot and setting soethign on fire that shouldn't normally be on fire.

·
Cant leave shit alone!
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha, what did i F-U about? i forget, but I think it was a motivational F-U. :fu:

What is that tail from, i like it alot.

and wtf is the deal with your insurance? If it doesn't cover your welder then fuck them :nuts: What welder was it?
The tail came from my 79'SS as well, The welder was just a lil lincoln pro-mig 135, and you still suck...:fu:

Pity the 7" won't work, looks pretty mean from the side like that....
And it'll look ace with the single seat...
Yeah, I think I'm eventually gonna steal a headlight out of my wifes jeep, I really like the big single 7... We'll see how the seat turns out...
7" looks good. acerbis is shit. aztec duals are arite, but i'd ditch the windscreen thing.

sounds like you know where you're going with it, so get at it and keep us posted!
You freakin get at it...:D

It's ok on the F_U for up2l8, We do that to him just to keep him humble. LOL As far as wiring, try finding the connectors and shortening the wiring harness the right way. What bothers me about tucking wires is they almost always end up landing on something hot and setting soethign on fire that shouldn't normally be on fire.
I was in a hurry, I will do the harness correctly with proper photo documentation. The weather was near optimal for some twisty thrashing, so I just tucked that shit and bounced out all weekend...:rock:

·
Cant leave shit alone!
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick story that could or could not pertain to my build, but this is my thread so:shocker:
Today I had to go do some work for a guy, I'm a mobile service tech, and he showed me his baby:

Yes, its an 03' Gixxer grand, and yes he's got like $20 large in it, back up camera with alpine screen in the dash...etc etc etc It was no trailer queen though, I'll give him that. You could tell he rides the shit out of it, knicks and scratches, and soot on the swinger from his str8 pipe... any way then he said "hey you want this?"::::

I said naw dood, but he insisted that I take it, he said "one of the rotors are a lil warped on it and its got a flat Shinko tire but its just gonna collect dust here" I said alright man, so dude just gave me a Gixxer 1000 front wheel today.... Weird huh?

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
I wish i could high five and FU a post :LolLolLolLol:

It's ok on the F_U for up2l8, We do that to him just to keep him humble. LOL
:fu:

As far as wiring, try finding the connectors and shortening the wiring harness the right way. What bothers me about tucking wires is they almost always end up landing on something hot and setting soethign on fire that shouldn't normally be on fire.

:thumbsup:

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
And your bike is looking good.

·
Cant leave shit alone!
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And your bike is looking good.
Thanks bro, I'll have more time to work on it and keep this thread updated once we get the house catastrophe taken care of and somewhat back in order. Plus all my parts are on their way via some form of delivery service. I don't think I'm gonna have a need or want for the Gixxer wheel. So, I'm gonna offer it up for a trade on svrider and here to try and score myself a cluster. I'd like a stock Naked cluster. If my harness will plug right into it, that would be tits... Thanks again.

I may rattle can some shit this weekend and maybe look at ways to try and make that tail happen.... we shall see.

·
170 Posts
I want some FREE CRAPOLA too! But i have no use for a GSXR rim..lol. Anyhow Love the SV's think they are great lookin bikes...(ducati monster wannabes) But still good lookin bikes, lookin forward to seeing how it turns out.

·
Cant leave shit alone!
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want some FREE CRAPOLA too! But i have no use for a GSXR rim..lol. Anyhow Love the SV's think they are great lookin bikes...(ducati monster wannabes) But still good lookin bikes, lookin forward to seeing how it turns out.
Thats why this bike is either gonna be JAP-Monster or Project FUC-A-DUC... not sure yet.
Your gonna love this, My homeboy Lee a.k.a. Ballsdeep Hooked me up with a CRG bar end mirror..... FOR FREE!!!! I just paid $5 shipping, some rep, and $50 CF cash. Props to ballsdeep for coming through on that... Pics to follow...

·
Cant leave shit alone!
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright, I know that this hasn't exactly been a "build" yet. I will be getting to the good stuff before long ie Tail and some other tricks up my sleeve. I did get my Shitty Acerbis headlight in and threw it on as well as my bar end mirror. I have a couple shots of the two. Yeah, I def don't like the headlight, but it works and it will do untill I get my aztecs.. SO:
Went from this:

TO THIS today:

:oops: Wrong one...:D

Now that wifey played with the color of my bike, can you believe she is actually nagging me to DO WORK and "lets paint it".... Good Stuff... Pics to follow... I guess we're painting today...:party-smiley:

·
Cant leave shit alone!
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lets everyone put our imaginations to work here:

Bear with me because I would really like to keep the bike like a rolling project and make sure that she is rideable... But gimme your thoughts on the use of this tail and maybe some guidance as to how and where I'm gonna move the obvious, Bat, Reg/rec, brake rez... Anyway, I'm also about to start another thread to see if someone may have some knowledge of my welder to help me get it going again. Anyway, heres some more:

I cam see it in my head I just may need some help from you super fab guys to make it a reality... I WILL CUT THIS BITCH UP DON'T MAKE ME GO IT ALONE....:shockerknucks:

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Not sure how much I can offer on the subframe work but that muffler needs about 6 inches hacked out of it. Believe me, it makes a massive visual diffrence and only takes an hour or two.

Step by step:

Drill rivets out of the end closer to the motor, slide it apart.

Using masking tape wrap a peice around the spot your going to want it cut to.

Grab the trusty sawz-all and hack it off, but, not at the exact point you marked, a grinder will do the work to get it perfect.

Grind the rough cut until it is matched to the edge of the tape, housing done!

Next your going to want to do some creative measuring, I prefer to cut the baffled pipe on the inside a little long and trim it down until it fits perfect, it may take a few assembly/disassembly's to get it perfect.

Wrap the baffle pipe with the muffler packing you removed at the start. It takes a little work to get it all back into the muffler but once it's there you can use a block of wood and a dead blow hammer to get the baffled pipe seated right back down to where it was in the end of the housing.

Here is where people vary in the process. I prefer to drill new holes for the pop rivets, you can mark the old holes by lining it up with the part you cut off. I personally drill inbetween the old holes and fit new rivets of my desired size, usually 1/8th inch steel pop rivets.

Bolt it back together and you have yourself a shorty can! Instant visual diffrence. The bike will appear shorter, the rear wheel/tire will appear bigger, and the tail will be as much a focal point as the exhaust.

Example of 6" removed from a Two Brothers pipe on my bro's old CBR600F3.

Best of luck, there is alot of "free" stuff you can do to a bike to help it along the 'fighter path.

-RatFighter

·
Cant leave shit alone!
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alrighty then, I have been doing work, here and there. I have yet to fab up a set of brackets for my new headlights.... Nor have I taken the sawzall to my subby, but I have been playing around with some paint. I personally think I have found the proper combination to sickness....
Oil Rubbed Bronze.

You can't really see the amount of metal flake in this picture, but theres a ton of it. And then to top it off I sprayed it with this transparent reflective coating that makes it look like this when light hits it:

It makes it look like its wet with dew or something. I wish you all could see it in person, these pictures just do not do it justice.
Everybody that I have showed it to flips their shit out and says "wow thats crazy"
My only concern now is that in order for the paint on the tank to not run if I spill gas on it, I'm gonna have to shoot it with a good automotive type clear. I wonder what that will do to my finish? And I also don't have the money or resources to have the tank shot anyway so we'll see what happens, I will post some pics of the whole bike in a lil bit. Ta Ta for now...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts