Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. After a few years of just riding but not fightering I finally have reason to lurk the forum again.

After my accident a few years back I wasn't sure when I would het back on. Well the next season I was offered a deal I couldn't refuse on a not so preferable bike. It was a suzuki intruder 194009.

But it was two wheels and really not that bad. For a few months. Until I ended up on something sportier.

Then I upgraded to a 2003 sv1000s. Incredibly fun bike and much more power than my old sv650.

That bike was unfortunately stolen right of my property. So without theft coverage I was up a creek without a paddle... Until recently!

I landed a new job right around the same time my field was deciding to sell his 2007 sv650s. I got a deal because it needed a little work.

Immediately I tore into it and started pulling off unnecessary plastics and other bits.

Then I fitted an undertail with integrated signals, made a plate bracket, and temporary headlight solution. So temporary that it lasted about 5 min before it started melting.

So I had to create a new temporary headlight so I could still ride.

That's how she sits as of now. I have gold anodized levers to put on. And waiting on a gold anodized fuel filler cap. The paint was a home brew flat black that needs Dixon so the plan is to try my hand at vinyl wrap. I have some avery brand lagoon blue vinyl which if I can pull it off is should look very nice.

And just to add one more picture I love the cockpit view I have right now.

Cant wait to get some more wrenching time in. Also more riding time of course. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That sucks having the sv1k stolen. Awesome you were able to get another sv so quick. Good luck building it up lots of potential in those bikes

·
The Big Homie
1,283 Posts
Yessir! I have begun working on my 06 650N again. I love that bike! It may not be as powerful as your 1K, but you owned one before, so you KNOW how much fun it can be!

Good werk on tearing the "S" parts off, too. I am reeeeally not a fan of SVs with fairings(Surprise surprise!).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.