Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Full Combat Fighter
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride with some friends tonight, all was well until the last stretch home. Pushed it almost to redline in 4th on the highway, up to probably 120ish, and I got smoke. Bike didn't shut down, no lights came on the dash, just smoke. On the way home, the rear brake lost its bite. I assumed the rear brake must have gotten suck on, and that led to the smoke. Rode it home no issue, got off the bike, and finally saw.
Half my rear tire covered in oil, swingarm, etc. Engine cover on the right side had one of the bolts literally sticking out, didn't want to touch it to see if it broke, or just popped out... It's too late in the evening for worse news. I almost hope the screw just came loose at redline and let some oil out, but we will have to see this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
As bad as it could've gotten I think you did amazing, if it didn't ride any different or trip an oil light or anything probably just a bolt backed out.

·
Full Combat Fighter
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well stupendous news today. I had some free time, went into the garage to survey the damage. The clutch cover, which is where the bolt that was hanging out was... every bolt holding it in was so loose my big fingers could turn them with no effort, and no tools. I pulled it anyway to make sure no damage was done inside, all was clear. Button it back up, filled it up with oil, washed the bike, and started it. It started up beautifully, no warning lights. I have to use some brake cleaner on the tire before I can ride it around the neighborhood to make sure, but it looks good. If the bolts were so loose, being at redline for a few seconds created enough pressure that it pushed the oil out through the very limited pressure there was holding the cover on.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Glad you are alright, sounds like you were pretty lucky in many ways!

What the hell is going on with your sig btw?

It's got to be the smallest smutgif I've ever seen! They say that can make you go blind.... but I don't think it's supposed to be from squinting! :D:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts