Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, it's winter time so time to tear the bike apart some. This fork has had this issue since I bought the bike. I've rebuilt the fork, seal, wiper, oil and the problem persisted. Everything is straight and true, preloads are adjusted correctly. The fork just rebounds slower. The guide bushing seems fine, no scraping or scratching, the leg can't wiggle inside the fork.

So that leaves the valve cap right? A blown seal inside or something of the sort, the fork has seen its share of wheelies. I can't really feel anything wrong with the front end but it'll make a difference I bet. Any ideas dudes?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
some bike companies did that where one fork leg handled rebound and the other handled compression or whetever. suzuki didnt do that. take both fork legs down to fully open settings or fully loose and look up how to set your suspension up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The forks on my GSX-R slingshot are like that too. One of them rebounds significantly slower than the other. After reading this its making me think theyre build like that on purpose.
The other fork that was on the bike originally behaved the same as this one but I replaced it as the leg had a slight bow in it. I had a bud who's worked on way more forks than I have look at it and he said the rebound is definitely not right. He couldn't really go in depth of what it could be though

some bike companies did that where one fork leg handled rebound and the other handled compression or whetever. suzuki didnt do that. take both fork legs down to fully open settings or fully loose and look up how to set your suspension up.
Yeah man it's setup by the service manual, all three preloads. It makes little difference in the rebound problem from full loose to full tight but it does make a difference.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
maybe that other fork leg is bent too

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The spring is just was just fine, I couldn't tell anything being wrong with the cartridge looking at it. I'm about to break both my forks down and just compare all the parts, one of them being in perfect shape, maybe it'll show something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts