Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Gixxer'd
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, some great builds on the forum by some members, I have spent weeks just reading full build threads. Some were sad to see that they just dropped off or others having to sell due to personal reasons. I plan to keep this going through my whole build. Welcome any and all ideas, that's what forums are for right?

My Name is Jaik, I am from Ontario Canada. I have a full fairing K2 600 Gixxer and the 99 SRAD that I was given for free from a friend that laid it down.

Now some pics.

My K2, I got it mostly stock. I put the undertail on, Powers stunt cage, TRE mod, ect... just little stuff. I do have an 04 tail and solo seat cover coming for it, an 05 seat and a 750 swingarm. I have a rear tire hugger that I will use with the new swingarm.

Here is the SRAD. I got it with rims and tires but I put them on my K2 because I wanted to see what it would look like with the white rims. The gas tank was gone before I got it. Most of the fairings were already trashed. I just started working on tearing it down a few days ago.

·
Gixxer'd
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some pics of the tear down, it now has my black rims on it as well.

At this point as well I took off the passenger support of the stock subframe.

These next pics were taken at the end of the night, I cut the remaining sub frame to get an idea of what the lines would look like.

I also took the tank from my K2 to mock everything up. I ordered a tank off ebay from an 02 as well. Its a bit dinged up but I can fix it so I am not worried. My buddy said he thinks he still has the fuel pump. So I will have to modify the bottom of tank to work with the old pump.

·
Gixxer'd
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For those that may ask about the car or the engine in the background. I am also building a 68 mustang coupe, the motor is a 302, I just ordered an edlebrock 1406, 600cfm carb for it, new fuel pump and distributor with moroso wires. Hoping to get that fired up soon and have the car on the road this spring.

Ok More pics, I went out early this morning to grab some steel to start making my own rear sub frame.

Starting to take shape. I decided to get it put up on the bike stand.

Also thought I would add that I am currently in my last semester of a two year program taking heavy equipment and automotive tech. I will end up working on heavy equipment, hopefully out west.
My dad is just as garage crazy as I am, its our home shop that I am building the bike in.

·
Gixxer'd
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know there are gaps between the frame and the gas tank. I plan on welding on the new tank I am getting so it contours the frame all the way around. I know I will also have to cut the front tabs and weld them in closer together because the bolt patterns on the 99 frame and K2 frame are different.

I also started welding in patches in the sub frame closing it off. Some more pics for you guys

Thats as far I got today. I still have some more welding to do to widen the seat pan before I am happy with it. I am also going to make an undertail out of metal that will house my ECU and Battery.
I cut off the tab that holds the rear brake resevoir because I plan on moving it as well. I also did some wire tucking for now.

·
Gixxer'd
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as plans, I am painting the whole engine black as well as the frame, subframe, forks and swingarm. I was thinking about doing the body panels battleship grey, but I am also leaning towards cat yellow, with maybe the cat logo on the tank. I am going to order a streetfighter mask for my headlights. And I may get the integrated brake, signal plate light. So I can keep the undertail clean. I may eventually want to run dual pipes up under the tail. I had a yosh pipe on it but my buddy wanted it for his bike so I gave it to him.

Do you guys want to see my other project for next winter? I found it in a barn a few hours from where I live.

She is a 67 original 289, came with the motor, but I am going to keep the car because it is my dream car so I will probably go with a 390 when the time comes. I will still hold onto the original motor and rebuild it when the time is available.

Thats it for tonight. Let me know what you guys think.
Oh yah for the Fighter I also want to do a belly pan, I like the look so I will probably try fabbing one up.
I have built quite a few jeeps and cars, my dad is a body and paint man, and has taught me well over the years. lol

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
love srads. that tail is coming out rather nicely.

·
Gixxer'd
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot for the kind words guys!! :cfrocks:

I am really lucky and I don't take my shop for granted at all. I have major respect for the guys working in sheds or on their driveways/backyards. Props to you guys.

I will have more pics later today, been in the garage all morning, just taking a quick break for lunch.
Checked my delivery status of my parts, should be in by mid next week. Can't wait.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice work man, love to see more SRADS for sure. That subframe looks good, I have something in mind like that as well. If you wanna do anything to switch up your swingarm, the '04-'05 rear everything (shock, arm, linkage) just slides right in and bolts up, also I have the more re-inforced rear swinger for that year too. Just some options for ya. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Piester definitely knows his SRADS, and I've picked up a thing or two in the last year as well. This site is an amazing resource if you really use it.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
The tail did turn out nice. With those first 2 bars you ran I was like WTF is he going to do with that it but it came out looking very nice

·
Gixxer'd
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice work man, love to see more SRADS for sure. That subframe looks good, I have something in mind like that as well. If you wanna do anything to switch up your swingarm, the '04-'05 rear everything (shock, arm, linkage) just slides right in and bolts up, also I have the more re-inforced rear swinger for that year too. Just some options for ya. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Piester definitely knows his SRADS, and I've picked up a thing or two in the last year as well. This site is an amazing resource if you really use it.
I read your build, great work. I also read Piester's, the work that guy can do it nothing short of amazing.
I agree SRAD's and CBR 900RR's have great frames for fighters. After I finished today, I was content to just stare at the bike and visualize where I plan to take it. lol

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
Looks pretty badass so far, bro! My envy for your shop runs deep as well...lol. I am stuck in a tiny little shed with no electricity, welder, power tools...keep up the great work, & DW!!!! Welcome to CF!

1 - 20 of 221 Posts