Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of buying a katana 600 for a project I can get REALLY cheap that runs good, but it has a bad title, or the VIN is bad or something along those lines, short of buying a used frame with a good title what else can I do to get it registered? (cali bike) because a new (used) frame is gonna end up costing me more than Im getting the whole bike for! or should I just part that guy out to finance my VX project?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
There's a few ways you can try. It's all dependant on state laws so don't tell anyone I told you this. You can get a title from another bike... it might have to be a Katana, or just a Suzuki, or just any 600, or just any sportbike, or any bike (depending on your state laws). You can then have your frame restamped to that title.

I highly doubt California is the kind of state to let you do that kind of thing, but I'm sure you could work around it if you do your research. The idea is to buy a title of a rebuildable/clean bike that's not actually going to be rebuilt, but not the frame. Some people in some states can do it for you.

Over here in Michigan, I would just buy a title from a 'rebuildable' titled bike, have my frame restamped, get my lights and signals and shit on there and have a safety inspection.
Some states you have to restore it to stock (OH SNAP).

Not easy to explain... eh... questions?

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
dude a katana frame is like $50, noone wants them lol. I got my entire bike for $500

1 - 3 of 3 Posts