Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my never ending searches for 929/954 'fighters, i found this...

Reactions: ab420

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not of that particular bike unfortunately, but i have a bunch of random 'fighter pics. i'll post some up asap.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, seeing that bike makes me want to black out the rest of mine. we just keep getting these random warmer days, so i don't want to tear it down just yet.

i'll post up some more interesting 'fighters when i get home.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
omfg! i love fighter 9deuces! thats somthing like i dream about makin mine...like the darkness!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
man...scrOOz you had to post that didnt you!!!

im gonna be strongly considering entering my other 929 as well in the buildoff.....wont be the same level as the 600, but i should get it back to streetable!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... . . .

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
954 and 929 top trip. arent the same are they??

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I here the 929 frame can take the 954 engine, not sure how true that is. I don't see why it couldn't.

Does anyone know if the CBR 600rr frames can take a 929 engine? You know, like the old school 7-11's?

What else are interchangable on the Hondas?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
enrico vespa said:
I here the 929 frame can take the 954 engine, not sure how true that is. I don't see why it couldn't.

yes. 954 is same motor with some dif. internal work. dif cyl ?

enrico vespa said:
Does anyone know if the CBR 600rr frames can take a 929 engine? You know, like the old school 7-11's?
hmmm its funny you should ask that. . . i've been lookin into that recently. thinking of building myself a 6/9 ! havent been able to find much/any info on people doing such a swap! thatd be a hell of a ride!

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I think the problem with getting info on that is that there's not too many ppl experimenting or wrenching like there once was when I was a kid. Most(not all) ppl now, go out and buy a bike and then sell it at the end of the summer and buy another, bigger bike the next season.

I once wanted to throw the SV1ooo engine into my 65o frame. The frames look the same, and from a cost stand point, I would've thought Suzuki would've kept the frames the same to keep manufacturing costs down. Apparently the SV100 engine is too big to wedge into the 650 frame which is to say upset me for about 10 minutes.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have a few pics somewhere of an f2/f3 with a 900rr motor in it, not hard to do at all. i'll post them up in the morning, i just walked in, and i'm beat, and i have no clue where they are.

the 929/954 front ends are identical, so yes, the triples are the same.

i thought about putting an sv1000 motor in my old 650 after i blew it up. not worth the work it would take. MAJOR differences in those two motors, the 650 frame is just too small for such a big motor. i'd have better spent the money buying a tl1000s and just riding the snot out of it.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Green Lantern said:
I notice 929 keeps poping up,well i happen to knwo one thats for sale:D

i need a front rim :D

worth a shot anyway

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
scroOZ wut do you think about the 6/9??