Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its officially transisioned from ratbike into full fledged fighter:rock: Finally. The mismatched paint was killing me so now the tank matches the rest of the body which dresses it up 100% - still needs the frame flat black though...

The 636 swingarm and ZX10R shock set it off nicely (still need a brake bracket fabricated to have it functional) I think.

I'm still not 100% convinced to go black on the body for the final paint job, so give me some suggestions. Gunmetal grey with 2 black race stripes crossed my mind, but I'm not sure race stripes fit on this bike, I'd like to do more than just a solid color though. The frame will Definatly be flat black though.

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Awesome tail! Modded 1kRR? The swing arm looks sick too. With the great gap you between the tail and tire, the exhaust would like badass under the bike.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Underbody exhaust... hmmm ya that would look great. The way the headers join though it'd be tough to rig up. I'd have to rework the headers, which is too much to mess with for me. Maybe next time. I really like the look of *aftermarket* 650R pipes, something along those lines tickles my fancy.

And yes, the tail is a VERY modified CBR1kRR tail. I spent I don't know how many hours on that thing... Worth every one though, I love the finished product.

Endo, always up for a challange, lets see what ya got man:metal:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
haha, well it's in the buildoff...mechanically 99% complete...time for the body mods! projectdarkside.blogspot.com

In all fairness, it's a previous generation ZZR, not the old/new ZX6R...or is that new/old? Regardless, it is a sweet bike!

I think I know one guy that may be able to lay claim to most highly modified ZZR. Muzzy from zzr-international.co.uk

It's a LONG LONG thread, but well worth the read! (pics are on page 10)
Muzzy's 1992 ZX6D/ZZR600D

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
nope, its not a direct bolt in, although not too hard of a swap from what I understand.

sorry I couldn't do the machining for yah, candyman..... I better see that thing in person this summer at the bike night at QS & L, between your ZZR and my FZ we might just scar the living hell out of the local harley crowd....lol

it looks AWESOME!!!!

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Like flint said, its not a direct bolt on. It pretty much is if you use the 636 wheel, but thats a bit more pricey. Making it work with a zzr wheel requires some creativity with the bushings and brake bracket to make it all fit and line up. The zzr wheel is bigger than the 636 wheel so you have to make some things a little smaller.

Flint, ya man, we'll give the HD guys a run for their posin' money! "Whats that? You paid $25 grand for chrome, leather, and no baffles? Oh. I paid $1500 for mine":metal:

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The swingarm fit the frame almost perfectly (if thats what you're asking). Theres only a few mm of play in it which I'll shim up. I'm not really worried about it though because the suspension linkage keeps it lined up very well. The only snag was the 636 has the undertail, and thus a cutout in the swingarm to allow it through. There was a rounded plate that bolted on around that area. That rounded plate hits the footpeg so you have to either space out the footpeg, or make a new plate that is flat, either one is easy, so I'll just make a plate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts