Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bandigato is obviously the Mexican version of Bandikat, thanks Yantosh. A while ago I got a basketcase 81 Katana 750. First I wanted to put in a Bandit motor, then I thought about using a Kz1000 copbike motor in it, then I had a plan for adapting the front fairing onto my naked cbr929. Then ,just before new years, I found a 97 Bandit on Craigslist advertised for 1000 . I bought it for 800 bucks. A little scraped up on one side.

In my opinion the Bandit is a better platform than the older GS, so I decided to stick with the bandit. Somewhere along I came across a pic of a bandit with a Monster seat. Loved it.
So right now I'm fabricating a new subframe for the seat I picked up on ebay.
65 dollar ebay seat, very cherry. And 105 pesos worth of half inch schedule 30, and 3/4" square 14g tubing. App. 5 dollars worth of steel.

Custom Fighter attitude headlight

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ain't no pictures in your thread
only black box every day
ain't no pictures in your thread
this whole project looks dead
fix it while we look away
Fuck it, they show just fine on my computer when using chrome and firefox, but not when using explorer. Is there a how to post pictures faq around here?

Edit: figured it out, I have pics on my google account. Just have to put them in shared folder

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had ordered a LED Ducati Monster tail light thinking it would be a good match for the Monster seat.... The thing was huge, so no.
Next idea, french in a LED strip in tube. It took a little bit of waiting for the strip to arrive, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how bright it is.

I still need to make a flat piece to go inside the groove, for the light to stick to. So it will sit flush with the tube.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Hey man, I live up in Tucson but head down to rocky point quite often to relax and ride the dirt bikes and stuff. Good to know there is a full bike shop down there that could source some parts for me when I wreck. :thumbsup:
Where exactly is the shop located?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey man, I live up in Tucson but head down to rocky point quite often to relax and ride the dirt bikes and stuff. Good to know there is a full bike shop down there that could source some parts for me when I wreck. :thumbsup:
Where exactly is the shop located?
I'm on Calle 13, hard to miss. I used to work at Sparks Cycle on Grant.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally got around to do some work on the Bandit. Fitted the fairing bracket to the bike and made the bracket that holds the headlights.
Next is cutting the subframe, kinda gives me pause, but hell its only fun and games.
I also wanna get a Vapor instrument panel, gotta figure out if they have an application with an oil temp sensor.
Question for those who knows, where is the best place to put an oil temp sensor? I'm thinking the plugs on the side of the head, please if anyone has some input on that.

·
Fearless Keyboard Warrior
115 Posts
I'm putting in a flood light aimed down for low beam, and a pencil beam for the high beam
I played around with a similar idea for one of my bikes and I'd recommend flipping the lights. Use the fog light for the low beam, pointed downward; and the flood beam for the high beam, pointed pretty much straight ahead.

Also, good idea frenching the tail light in there like that. In retrospect I wish I would have done that, but I got impatient and didn't take the time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Next idea, french in a LED strip in tube. It took a little bit of waiting for the strip to arrive, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how bright it is.

I still need to make a flat piece to go inside the groove, for the light to stick to. So it will sit flush with the tube.

That's a sweet idea right there. Did u get it finished?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you can get an oil temp gauge that fit in the filler cap hole .

Mexican Bandikat is pretty dam cool
Thanks, I'm looking to buy a Trail Tech Vapor dash, which has provisions for engine temp. Either water (no go) or oil temp or a sensor for the spark plug. I'd like to figure the best place to get the oil temp sensor mounted.

That's a sweet idea right there. Did u get it finished?
That's next.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts