Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo, I am new to the website and also new to streetfighter building and will appreciate any help.

I have a 2000 GSF Bandit 1200 with a blown engine. Since I live in South Africa, such bandit 1200 engines are really hard to come by, as nobody wants to sell them, they are like nuggets over here. I heard of a gsxr slingshot that would work as one option.

Anyhow, so I am considering putting in something else that is aircooled, but I do not want to go to a smaller engine (like under 1000cc). I know there would be various issues like different cdi, pick ups, exhaust etc. My friend is a welding "artist" so he can make various alterations to make the engine fit. Any suggestions please?

·
☢
5,596 Posts
considering putting in something else that is aircooled, but I do not want to go to a smaller engine (like under 1000cc). I know there would be various issues like different cdi, pick ups, exhaust etc. My friend is a welding "artist" so he can make various alterations to make the engine fit. Any suggestions please?
gsxr1100 oil cooled is the only bolt in option that I know of. you'll need the 1100 exhaust. I don't know if you need the 1100 electrical bits

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gsxr1100 oil cooled is the only bolt in option that I know of. you'll need the 1100 exhaust. I don't know if you need the 1100 electrical bits
OK, thanks mate, it'll be a lot easier to find a air cooled 1100 gsxr engine than the Bandit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shot, I can get a gsxr 1100 88 or 89 model (1052 cc) engine. The seller is a used parts dealer, he will be able to help with the other electrical stuff hopefully.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts