Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my bike up on stands to change the tire and I guess my new garage has a slightly slanted floor. The bike fell off the stands and cracked the right engine cover and around the lower most bolt.

I wanted to get some ideas on repair or if this needs to be replaced. Ideally I would like to get this welded while on the bike. Does this look possible? Would the cases need to be separated to fix this? I just want to get an idea about this before I rent a trailer or get a bike ramp and take it to a welder.

·
10,802 Posts
hopefully it hasn't cracked too far, that's your oil pressure switch beside it and the plug at the end of the oil gallery underneath it. if you fire it up and it doesn't leak at all then a decent quality chemical metal might be all you need

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I didn't even think about what would have happened if I was under it. Glad that I wasn't. But I am going to try and jbweld it and if not i will replace the case.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You've got two planes that the crack goes through, the surface going to the cover and the outside of the casing; I would try some jb weld on the non-mating surface and put a dab of rtv in the mating surface when you go to zip it up for a quick fix. It might could be welded back up but you could have a problem with the mating surface being unlevel but it could probably be lightly dremelled/sanded back into a sealable shape

1 - 6 of 6 Posts