Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ex
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bike for free from my friend. Its not quite running, i will check the carbs a bit later when the bike starts to shape. Last few weeks i swapped GSXR 1100 -93 fork by swapping the stem and today got -94 1100banana swing on, it was a bit tricky and needs a bit fabbing here and there but its on. Bike has ABS wheels on it so i bought non ABS wheels for it to fit the rear wheel on the banana, while ABS rear wheel has 275mm disc and caliper located on top of swing with control arm.. GSXR rear shock with external tank is just so much better than the original Bandit one. I had to do narrow the swing front about 12-15mm not sure i was grinding and testing when it was perfect. Front wheel just came in today but still waiting for rear.. Sorry about the mistakes, my English is not perfect

Need to order some filler rods and Tungsten so i can start modifying the tail.. Next month i get another small garage so need to move shit there

-Leo

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,627 Posts
Subbed

·
ex
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ookey fellas so spring is near and weather is letting me get back to the garage :p Some of the stuff i already got knocked out at last weekend, new photos coming up very soon

New stuff coming up
-LSL black bar
-LSL Font brake handle from R1
-Bandit 2005 ish.. Rear light, modded to the singleseater cover
-GSXR Footpegs
-Ramair filters
-Chinese ebay tacho

-Got a round Cobra muffler, i actually have 2 mid pipes for material for it so i will try to locate it a bit upper near the tail

·
ex
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some new photos taken today. If anyone has extra Jets laying around big enough for Aftermarket exhaust and Ram air filters, i would like to buy them if the price is OK.. i think the mains need to be around 135-140 ball park and the others i have no idea yet.. I wish some Old-school Suzuki man would give some hint what they should be. I think i need to chop a bit off the muffler, lets see

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you running pod filters or the stock air box? If you plan on running pods then I would look into buying a jet kit and timing advance from www.holeshot.com. The owners name is Dale and he is super helpful with tuning. I’ve been very happy with his products. Also put a inline fuel filter on as soon as you can. I’ve had my carbs overflow so many times because of trash stuck in the needle and seat.

·
ex
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you running pod filters or the stock air box? If you plan on running pods then I would look into buying a jet kit and timing advance from www.holeshot.com. The owners name is Dale and he is super helpful with tuning. I’ve been very happy with his products. Also put a inline fuel filter on as soon as you can. I’ve had my carbs overflow so many times because of trash stuck in the needle and seat.
Yes RAMAIR dual filters, they coming with post any days now from England. I read so much horror stories of the K&N filters but only good about Ramairs.. Header is going to be stock but middle and rear silencer is that Cobra which is gonna get chopped up even more but its just a straight barrel inside anyway. My fuel tap is broken, the adjusting lever has broken off, i need to operate it with a pair of pliers. I did order new one from Ebay but they sent me some toy which has 50% smaller outlet on both fuel and vacuum line outputs.. Made bad review but they still selling the same shit. Seller wanted for me to change my review but that is not going to happen since they keep selling the same shit into bikes where they do not belong into. In worst case somebody will use reducers in the lines and burns the engine with fuel starvation. But i did order a bag of Mahle fuel filters not so long ago so thats done 🤠

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ponied up and bought a pingel petcock/fuel valve after trying some eBay shit. Buy once cry once right? I haven’t really had much issue with my k&N pods but it does have a flat spot in the throttle until it is warmed up. I highly recommend a timing advance. But also if you’ve got over 20,000 miles on it then I’d consider replacing emulsion tubes. They wear out and will cause you to chase your tail on tuning.

·
10,698 Posts
good shout on the emulsion tubes, bandits are famous for that, do you have the original air box rubbers? they are the best way to mount the ramair filters , I haven't fitted a jet kit in years, decent dyno set up is a better bet

·
ex
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered a carb kit from Chinnnaaa, comes in 2 months. price was only pathetic 18euros, It wont have the emulsion tubes.. need to hunt them down separately :eek: Also i bought a jet drill kit because i am gonna keep this project Cheap, god know in what condition that engine is in after all.. The Ram air filters arrived, had to fish them out of post and pay Taxes separately 6euros no worries. Okey so i opened the can last weekend while getting drunk and welded the pipe inside, its now assembled and i will start to weld the exhaust midpipe (in photo its still uncut next to bike). Tail light bracket is now welded in and i made rear hoop from yamaha aerox midstand and bar stool leg support:whistle:

Attachments

·
ex
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good shout on the emulsion tubes, bandits are famous for that, do you have the original air box rubbers? they are the best way to mount the ramair filters , I haven't fitted a jet kit in years, decent dyno set up is a better bet
Yes i have them, Should fit nicely. The stock airbox didnt want to come off nicely so i gave some sneaker to it aaand,, its a bit cracked. I might be able to make some sort of mudguard out of it :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts