Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,
some of you guys know I finally got my Bandit 400 running well, just in time for my cars frame to rust out.(never buy a chrysler ever lesson learned) so instead of doing trackdays on it i need to fund a replacement cage. i bought this 5 years ago as a non runner and got it running on a used cdi for about a summer. then the girl i got it for left me so it sat for about 2 years. i got it running on the second used cdi which lasted about a year. so last winter i rebuilt it to be reliable. so heres the run down.

Rebuilt engine from the crank on up everything is well within spec.
new valves and seals
all new gaskets
carbs rebuilt with dynojet jet kit then balanced
supertrapp muffler
new stator
new r/r
brand new cdi made for me in belgium
i think kat 600 coils or maybe a b6 cant remeber
rebuilt forks
rebuilt calipers
new pads all round
new wheel bearings
trex racing frame sliders

michilin pr3s with probably about 100 miles on them

bikes got just under 16k on it but it runs brilliantly now
needs detail work a wire tuck and some cosmetic work there are some scratches in the tank and a small dent in the frame. (doesnt effect anything) but other than that a good bike for someone.
i would like to break even at 1300 but if i get a grand for it ill take it i dont need a car till december
I would trade for a jeep wrangler or suki samari or other 4x4 that is small and easy to get at the engine for working on. i only drive 2 months a year besides menards trips so it doesnt need to be much

now for some pics

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry northwest corner of Illinois in freeport if I had my tow vehicle I would meet halfway or something maybe take the ferry but I can't trust my car to tow anything at the moment.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems to be running pretty good I haven't taken it very far since I don't have insurance. I guess I'll have to get some to ride to Milwaukee lol.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
You do realize that even Jeep Wranglers are still cursed as being Chryslers, right? Lol. As the owner of a Cherokee myself I know first hand just how much Chrysler had their shitty ignorant hands in the making of these Jeeps. Anyways thats a hell of a good deal for this bike. You dont see many of them for sale. Good luck with selling it and getting a new cage.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
Kai, if you've got a vehicle with a tow hitch you're welcome to borrow my trailer, just did 700 miles with Rich's Gixxer and my Z on it.

Reactions: medimicated420

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jonny, I'm well aware of the jeep crysler deal difference is jeeps have small engines big engine bays where the pt has about an inch or less clearance all round the engine. My dads got a Cherokee same year as my pt spent its life outside like mine and there isn't a lick of rust anywhere.
And my wife has been wanting another one since her cj7 got totaled in a crash. Hehe
Thing is I loved my pt, take the back seats out you can treat it like a pickup I took my bandit home in the back of it. Never went below 25mpg even loaded plus carrying a trailer. But with me driving less than 5000 a year it can sit for months at a time which is hard on an engine.
Yeah it's probably a stupid choice but there isn't much that fits the bill for me.
Kal if you have a trailer that what I would do. Am a sure that it could make the trip yes but I haven't had to chance to work out any bugs.
That's probably me just being cautious but that's me.
Rw

·
Registered
222 Posts
RW, letting an engine set for months is fine. Just have a trickle charger, full gas tank, and don't start it until you are driving it. Thats old info that was passed down generations. My daily has been sitting for 7 months. I can go slap the battery in it and do burn outs tomorrow if i wanted.

The b4 fit in a chevy cruz without forks, so yea it will fit in the subbie wagon no problem.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
So did med420 buy it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts